Test the new API-version (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I cannot update any of my shows within the plugin now. Scanning in configuration works fine but when I force an update it never downloads anything even though screenshots have been added to some of my series. BTW I am running the 2.0 release.

I saw this issue on my HTPC as well, when I deleted the data from the database it worked again :)

Im not sure what the problem was but for some strange reason it stopped running the scan once it hit the series Knight Ryder 2008 (this happened to have a hidden episode). Maybe my DB got screwed up after upgrade to 2.0, im not sure as the logs didnt provide a clue and I cant debug on that machine unfortunately.

Cheers,
    Damien

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I deleted my old database and imported everything back into a new one. Then I added screenshots to one of my series. Forcing online update within the plugin still doesn't work and I had to go into configuration and import again to get the updates I made.

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    im not sure if someone mentioned this but i think i've found a bug.

i deleted my old database and made a new one. my regex worked in the old version just fine, but in the new version some episodes didnt parse correctly. it didn't make sense that the regex would stop working. after a bit of frustration, i copied my regex to every line (overwriting the defaults.) then everything parsed correctly.

basically, even if you uncheck the box next to the regex, the expression is still used.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I deleted my old database and imported everything back into a new one. Then I added screenshots to one of my series. Forcing online update within the plugin still doesn't work and I had to go into configuration and import again to get the updates I made.

Looks like updates to existing entries have stopped working for me as well :( Even in the configuration tool it doesnt update. I even tried Deleting the LastUpdatedTime entry to no effect.

There is definitely something weird going on, as I could swear it was working at one stage.

Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just enabled the option 'Download episode information for all whole series' and it seemed to update everything. I will see if it continues to do update within MediaPortal.

Its not an option I like enabled, but its not so bad after the initial scan which takes ages.

Damien

hermy65

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    im having an odd issue with 2.0, it doesnt import all of my episodes or seasons. It will grab random episodes of the seasons or just random seasons. To me it acts like its not digging deep enough to find all my shows. I have all of my shows on 2 hard drives, each show is in this format, Show Name/Season # folder and so on. This never happened on any older versions. Anyone else having this issue?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    im having an odd issue with 2.0, it doesnt import all of my episodes or seasons. It will grab random episodes of the seasons or just random seasons. To me it acts like its not digging deep enough to find all my shows. I have all of my shows on 2 hard drives, each show is in this format, Show Name/Season # folder and so on. This never happened on any older versions. Anyone else having this issue?

is it parsing the eps correctly?

hermy65

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007

is it parsing the eps correctly?

the parsing test shows no issues what so ever...i think i may have found a workaround for it but its a pain in the ass. The only way ive gotten it to work so far is to delete the database and then do a fresh import, then after it identifies all the series (even though its missing most seasons and episodes) i move all the files from their season folders to just the root folder, re-import (it finds them all this time) then move them all back to season specific folders and re-import a third time. If someone else can come up with an answer for me that isnt this long and time consuming please let me know.

Insomnic

Portal Member
    February 10, 2008

I've been having the same problem even with current SVN (310). If I want any updated banners or episode images I have to perform a manual import at which point it states that all my shows since the last time I hit the manual import button (even days or weeks later) have suddenly found new episode images and/or banners. It seems like the autoupdate is just not downloading media. It is identifying series and episodes on thetvdb and pulling down the episode/series information but not pulling down media. This occurs in 3 different skins (BlueTwoWide, Monochrome, Indigo).

I've cleared and reset the database and all banner/episode directories. I completely reset the plugin as well. Nothing I do seems to fix it.

Downloading entire series info is not a real option for me because I don't keep episodes past the current season so wouldn't want the clutter having that option enabled would create (including the space required for all the extra media).

It's a really disappointing bug since that's a main feature and functional aspect of MyTVSeries. I hope it will be worked out soon.

Thanks.

ScoopD

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I finally updated to plugin 2.0 on my main machine and the order of series (using sortname instead of pretty_name) is all stuffed.

Had a look in the database and in my backed up pre-upgrade database for comparison. What I found was that the sortname field is almost completely blank - almost every series does not have an entry in sortname. Compare this to my pre-update database where every single series has an entry in sortname.

So one of the following has happened depending on how that field is populated.
    1. the change at thetvdb has wiped out a field of info (nothing we can do about that)
    2. the updated plugin is not grabbing that info and populating the field (this should be able to be fixed fairly easily?)
    3. that field was always populated by some operation of the plugin which has been removed (again, this should be able to be fixed?).

Coding guys, I hope you understand what I am talking about. Using Pretty_Name as a sort field puts 50 entries under THE. I have seen mention of different sort methods, but no detail on how to implement them. I was just changing Series.Pretty_Name to Series.SortName in the Views table. Worked fine on the previous stable release, but it does depend on there being data on the sortname field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom