TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported? (1 Viewer)

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

We *might* be able to do something about the slow tuning/channel change, so can you please upload your TV Server logs.
    Also, are you running the card with the "pause graph" setting enabled?

I have incldued the logs.
    Don't know whether I am using pause graph or not. I don't know what this is. Where can I find it?
    Please be aware that I did not install anything from the Tevii CD other than the driver (version: 4.4.6.0)

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TeVii S470 DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe

First I need to appologize. I have the S470 card, not S480.

It turned out, that in the first place the TeVii card did not work at all. Meanwhile I have updated the driver version from the homepage. Now it seems to work somehow.
    Nevertheless, some strange behaviour of the system is still there.

1. It sometimes does not record even when marked for recording.
    2. When entering such programms in TV schedule, then it is starting the before scheduled TV Programm.
    3. TV Services has a big tendency to crash (Especially when I mark new recordings while an existing recording is running or should run)

Attachments

• tvserver_epg.zip
      1.6 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Your logs are *incredibly* long! Can we try and deal with one problem at a time with short logs? You reported the slow channel changing first. Please:

1. Delete all your TV Server logs.
    2. Try to watch *1* channel.
    3. If you succeed with step 2, change to another channel (different transponder/mux).
    4. Stop TV.
    5. Post the new logs.

[edit]
    By the way, recordings are meant to start before the programme starts (and finish after the programme finishes). This is called pre-record and post-record. The purpose is to avoid missing any part of the recording even when the programme starts a little earlier or finishes a little later than specified in the EPG. You can find the settings for this in TV Server Configuration under the "Recording" section on the "General" tab.
    [/edit]

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Hi,

1. Delete all your TV Server logs.
    Wwhere can I delete TV Server logs? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did not find anything on this.

By the way, recordings are meant to start before the programme starts ...
    I know this. Problem is they did not start on their own. Only after I was entering the TV Guide screen and entered programm all of a sudden recording started. In the middle of it. That is true for some of them. Others recorded just fine. That is the strange thing.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Wwhere can I delete TV Server logs? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did not find anything on this.
    Off the top of my head (I'm at work)...
    On Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\TV Server\log
    On XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\TV Server\log

These folders are usually hidden so you will have to enable viewing hidden and system files (Google for instructions).

I know this. Problem is they did not start on their own. Only after I was entering the TV Guide screen and entered programm all of a sudden recording started. In the middle of it. That is true for some of them. Others recorded just fine. That is the strange thing.
    Sorry - had to ask the obvious questions first to make sure we don't miss anything :). The symptoms you just described often indicate problems with tuning. All the more reason to try the instructions I gave in my last post.

Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else that doesn't make sense in the instructions :)

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

to get this logs I did the following:
    1. deleted all old logs
    2. started live TV for one channel
    3. switched to the next channel
    4. run MP debug-mode
    5. copied all logs in this response message

P.S. Don't hesitate to tell me if you think I am doing things the wrong way. I will keep telling if I don't understand instructions. I am very thankful to get help. And find it very exiting to get it from down under. ;-)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi easywatcher

Thank you for the new logs. They are much easier to understand :)

Okay, so what I see is that you have 2 cards:
    1. TeeVii S470
    2. FireDTV

In your test you first tried to tune to "ARD Bayerisches FS Süd", and then you switched to "DAS VIERTE". Is that correct?
    The reason why it took so long is because tuning on the TeeVii card is actually failing! What is happening:

1. You try to watch TV on the first channel.
    2. TV Server chooses the TeeVii card and tunes it. This takes about 1.5 seconds. Not too bad...
    3. The TV Server waits for PMT (something that is required in order to watch the TV). This takes 20 seconds!!! The PMT actually never comes (this is the problem).
    4. TV Server gives up on the TeeVii card and tries the FireDTV.
    5. TV Server tunes the FireDTV. This takes about 1.5 seconds.
    6. Tuning is successful and TV starts :)

This happens *every* time you try and watch TV. Not good :(
    I am not sure why the TV Server fails to receive the PMT from your TeeVii tuner. I wonder whether it is anything to do with the DiSEqC switch that you have because I see the EPG is being collected successfully on the TeeVii tuner from transponders with DiSEqC port = none. Both of the test channels that you tried were on DiSEqC port "simple A". Can you please do the same test again (remember to stop TV Server and wipe the logs ;)) with 2 channels that don't require DiSEqC switching...

P.S.
    When you're not testing, one thing that you can do as a temporary work around is to prefer to use the FireDTV tuner. Tuning will be much faster! Raise the priority of the FireDTV in TV Server configuration:

1. Open TV Server configuration
    2. Expand the TV Servers section.
    3. Select your TV Server "HTPC".
    4. Select your FireDTV card in the right hand side.
    5. Click on the up button until the FireDTV is above the TeeVii card in the list.
    6. Click OK.

I hope that helps. Looking forward to the next set of logs :)

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I hope that helps. Looking forward to the next set of logs :)

Aahh. In the beginning I used a Diseq switch for my two satellites and two cards. Because it didn't work out, I changed to direct connections to test in a less complex situation first. That change might be the root cause what you saw in the logs EPG direct, but channels through Diseq.

So what if I do a complete channel rescan first? without diseq. And only afterwards proceed with what you suggested?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Yup, that sounds like a good idea. However since you have removed the switch it won't have any effect unless the cause of receiving no PMT is that the command is actually sent. Definitely worth a try though :)

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

All right. wonderful new logs for you...

I deleted the old logs and all channels. then I did a complete new scan on all channels.

then I started a german channel and switched to the next one. Worked fine.
    I changed to my Astra 28° channels. I was trying to start the channels and MP was freezing.

Restarted the PC
    tried a Astra 28° channel. freezing again.

Restarted the PC
    tried a Astra 19.2° channel. worked fine. switched to the next. worked fine as well
    then tried Astra 28.2°. another channel than before. that now worked fine as well. including channel changing.

I think Astra 19.2 is on my FireDTV card. While Astra 28.2 is on the Tevii card.

I'd like to add that I have a feeling that TV Server is a lot more unstable than it was with version 1.1.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom