TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Hi there

Hi,
    Question:
    does the card now work correct?
    I'm not 100% sure. Easywatcher will have to answer that...

how are the channel-change times now?
    Does it still tool ages?,or is it better now?
    When it works it looks like it is very fast. Around 1 second.

Do you have a ci-modul to uncrypt HD+?
    I am searching for a Dual HD-card with CI that works!!!
    MediaPortal does not support CI for TeVii cards because TeVii don't offer any cards with a CI! I think you could successfully use an add-on device such as the Hauppauge WinTV CI. This is not the right place to ask about that though...

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Hello!
    Yesterday I installed a Tevii S480 and sometimes I have the long channel switching problems, too (about 20-30seconds for each switch). Restarting the system helps, in the good case the channel switch takes only about a second. I'm currently running The MP 1.2 Alpha. Is there something I can try out?
    --Alex

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Please post your TV Server logs so I can see what might be causing the delay/tune failure. It would also help if you could describe your setup (what tuners, what satellites, how are they connected). Does the long switching delay only happen with certain channels? Maybe only channels from a particular satellite or transponder?

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Hi mm1352000,

apparently I didn't succeed in reproducing the issue with the delayed channel changes anymore. Beside that, there are some other problems, that the card does not work correctly after resume from standby and my AV receiver is also making me mad ...

Currently, I will go back to the Mystique Dual S2, at least with the old drivers it was working.
    If I have time to further test the Tevii S480 and have results, I will provide the logs. Thank you, very much.

I was switching between ARD HD and ZDF HD and some other german SD channels and the delay appeared between every channel. Satellite is Astra 19,2.
    During the test only the Tevii S480 was installed. The Tevii is directly connected to the LNBs.

Merry christmas,
    --Alex

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again alexirion

Okay, well you'd always be welcome to post logs if you want to try the tuner again at some point in the future...

Merry Christmas :)

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    This time I had the very slow channel switching times again, but with a Mystique S2 Dual, I switched between ARD HD and ZDF HD and also to some other SD channels. It was always about 25seconds, when the new channel was switched in.
    Please find attached logs of this session.
    Regards,
    --Alex

Hi again alexirion

Okay, well you'd always be welcome to post logs if you want to try the tuner again at some point in the future...

Merry Christmas :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Alex

Hi!
    This time I had the very slow channel switching times again, but with a Mystique S2 Dual, I switched between ARD HD and ZDF HD and also to some other SD channels. It was always about 25seconds, when the new channel was switched in.

Thanks for posting your logs :D
    You seem to have two issues there:
    1. Starting the graph fails with error code 0x80070079 ("the semaphore timeout period has expired").
    2. PMT not being received

Both of these are not MediaPortal/TV Server problems; they are most likely to be tuner driver problems. All that I can recommend is to make sure you are using the latest stable drivers from Mystique. If the problem starts happening again then the only "solution" may be to restart your computer.

That is probably not what you wanted to hear :sorry:

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: TeVii S480 Dual DVB-S2 HDTV PCIe supported?

Hi mm1352000,

I had to laugh a bit because of the "latest stable drivers" you mentioned, because with every driver greater 1.1.0.27 I get a windows blue screen after some seconds of watching tv. dvbshop was replacing my card, but this didn't help, so I spent the last days with testing and trying all options. I bought the Tevii S480, because I was thinking this will end up this nightmare of instability, but it has shown, that this is also not the perfect card and I will probably send it back. So, for me it looks, like the current TV card drivers are all grab or do you have a recommendation for a rock-solid dual tuner S2 card?

Happy New Year!
    --Alex

Hi again Alex

Hi!

Thanks for posting your logs :D
    You seem to have two issues there:
    1. Starting the graph fails with error code 0x80070079 ("the semaphore timeout period has expired").
    2. PMT not being received

Both of these are not MediaPortal/TV Server problems; they are most likely to be tuner driver problems. All that I can recommend is to make sure you are using the latest stable drivers from Mystique. If the problem starts happening again then the only "solution" may be to restart your computer.

That is probably not what you wanted to hear :sorry:

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Would be really great If you could help to narrow it down!! Please find attached the last crash dumps. With the Mystique S2 Dual 1.1.0.28 it did not happen the last 3 days anymore, but in the past I also had some crashes, after the system was coming up from standby. I also had it, after 1 or 2 seconds, when a recording has started. The first seconds were recorded successfully. With all the newer drivers I only need to do some channel switches and there it is - the beloved blue screen. 1.1.2.45 at the beginning was also looking good, at least with manual channel switches, but when waking up from standby it was crashing, too. With my IRTrans module I made a stress test, that wakes up the computer and put it to sleep again after 40 seconds in a loop. The 1.1.2.45 was crashing after some minutes, when it had to grab epg. Without grabbing epg it was working well all the test time(3 1/2 hours), constantly switching off and on again. Now, with the 1.1.0.28 and the reinitialize feature disabled it's looking stable again - it has also succeeded in the on/off stress test.

There is also another issue, that might come from the Mystique - in every recording there are a few positions in the movie, where the data stream seems to be corrupt. The receiver losses the hdmi sound signal and the picture is broken. But, this are only very few short moments, so it is not the biggest show-stopper. Does anyone have the same problems with a Mystique Satix S2 or any other card?

Kind regards,
    --Alex

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
      116.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom