Text off or just me? (1 Viewer)

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Tried to change <numberOfButtons>1</numberOfButtons> as a test and it seems like MediaPortal doesn’t like this at all. Both the hover graphics and the link are off, or as you wrote “focused on an invisible one”.

Wow, silly me! I figured out a work-around on the menu thing though. I just activated four buttons (seems like the minimum) and set this line:

<textColorNoFocus>00ffffff</textColorNoFocus>

Since the first two digits define text opacity, I just set it to "00" (zero) and the non-focused menu items don't show up.

Simple.

Now I can get on with other issues.

Hope I can bother you with future questions. I still can't figure out why my Black & White 1080 text is so different from yours.

If you think you'd like to collaborate on my current project, I can send you some screenies (or files even) to show you what I'm up to. I don't think a skin like this has been done before.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@ aj1405

I totally owe you an apology. The register problem I was having is definitely something with my 32" Sharp Aquos or the ATI graphics being used with it. I installed Black & White on my main computer with a 22" HD display and it is perfect. Both are running at 1920 x 1080. If someone has an idea why it might be off, please include your ideas.

[EDIT]

I have verified that it is NOT the TV. I put my Asus 22" monitor on my HTPC and it displays the same wrong images. The differences are:

Main computer (displays properly) OS=XP / Graphics=Nvidia
HTPC (displays incorrectly) OS=Vista / Graphics=ATI

I'm thinking it's a problem with ATI graphics.

[EDIT]

I found the solution to my problem. First, I changed the DPI in Vista to the default. Seems we tried this before but it didn't make a difference. Whether it does if I switch it back, I've not tested. This alone did not fix the problem.

I opened the ATI Catalyst Control Center:

ati.jpg

Unchecked "Enable GPU scaling" and checked "Maintain aspect ratio".

Now everything is good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom