The Audio Renderer has an issue with some hardware / reference clock generation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I've no idea, but attached are logs playing the same recording from the beginning for about 30 seconds, one with bias = 1.0 and one with bias = 0.95 (set from my modified TsReader.ax three seconds after 'run' - about 16 seconds later the "Not Enough Data" messages start). In both my tests and (I think) in FreakJ's situation (==24Hz on 60Hz display) there won't be any AdjustClock() calls, but I guess that shouldn't make a difference.

Would you like me to try some different MPAR settings ?

Actually I can rerpoduce the issue, forcing bias 0.5 causes it to appear (not anything TsReader related as it happens with BDReader as well). Last time when I tested I had some logging commented out for other tests :whistle:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    I tested this with 15mins LiveTV and it is working great. No visible dropped frame and also no dropped frames in render stats (Shift+1). No A/V sync problems and no click sounds. Perfect experience! :)
    1.jpg

Last edited:

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If I disable HWbasedRefClock, it seems that audio is in front of video. Logs are attached. Soundcard is a Xonar Essence ST/H6 with analog connected speakers.

If I enable it, it is the other way round. Will attach logs in next post.

regards, Winnie[DOUBLEPOST=1362574759][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are the logs with HWbasedRefClock enabled. Everything is tested with LiveTV ...[DOUBLEPOST=1362574888][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, somehow my two posts got merged to one. Hope, you can still see which logs belong to which setting ...

Attachments

• AudioRenderer.bak
      11.1 KB
    • evr.bak
      13.9 KB
    • MPTray.bak
      255 bytes

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If I disable HWbasedRefClock, it seems that audio is in front of video. Logs are attached. Soundcard is a Xonar Essence ST/H6 with analog connected speakers.

If I enable it, it is the other way round. Will attach logs in next post.

From logs A/V sync is quite hard to debug (almost impossible at least for me). Some extra questions:

1. How much the A/V sync is off in both cases?
    2. Does the issue happen with other audio HW than Xonar?
    3. Does the issue happen with Arcsoft Audio decoder DLL removed from LAV's install folder?
    4. Does the issue happen with all video files or with some specific videos only? (there is audio stream discontinuity without a stream change in the logs so the video might already contain something funky)
    5. Are GetMatchingSampleForTime related errors happening with all video files?

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. It's less than 1 sec, but still very noticeable (lipsync)
    2. Will try with AMD-HDMI ...
    3. I'm not using LAV-Filters. I use Arcsoft filters directly.
    4. I just tested with LiveTV.
    5. ???

regards, Winnie

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. It's less than 1 sec, but still very noticeable (lipsync)

So it is off a huge amount, not something like 50 ms which would be hard to spot.

3. I'm not using LAV-Filters. I use Arcsoft filters directly.

Could you try the MS audio decoder that ships with the OS? I haven't ever tested MPAR with Arcsoft filters directly so who knows if they expose some bug or are not compatible with live tv at all.

4. I just tested with LiveTV.

Please test with some other videos as well.

audiorenderer.log contains GetMatchingSampleForTime related errors, but we aren't sure if this is related.

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is now with MS-Decoders. Video seems to be late now. Funny.[DOUBLEPOST=1362589034][/DOUBLEPOST]This is now with AS-Decoders again but also with AS AudioRenderer. Everything is perfectly synced ...

Can these GetMatchingSampleForTime-Errors be responsible for small Hickups in the Video (but no framedrops!)?[DOUBLEPOST=1362589201][/DOUBLEPOST]SH#T!!! posts merged again. Hope, you can differentiate. "ArcSoft-Logs" were written later ...

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is now with AS-Decoders and a Movie. Video is slightly late here.[DOUBLEPOST=1362590515][/DOUBLEPOST]Same movie with AS AudioRenderer is in sync ...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-renderer-improvements.117176/ new thread with few improvements.

This thread will be closed for any further commens, please use the new thread and new version(s) of audio renderer.

@husmoaschta bug that you reported is not solved in that (unfortunately I cannot reproduce the A/V sync issue, nor anyone else has reported it - lets hope we can sort out it in the future).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom