The importer in config hangs between "Fan Art" and "UserRatings" (1 Viewer)

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks a lot for this release!

I have one problem though.. The importer (from within MP-TV Series Configuration) gets stuck at " Retrieving Fan Art" and "Retrieving User Ratings".
26 of 53 series has been completed so it works initially.

First time I killed the process after 15 minutes and gave it another try. It has now been stuck for 20 minutes now without finishing... It is also not possible to press Cancel.

I will post logs when I am back home again if necessary.

Any ideas?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No idea, no one has reported any issues like this as far as I can remember. Attach Debug logs and we can go from there.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've seen this happen before when MediaInfo crashed and pretty much makes everything else stop.

If you update to MediaPortal v1.2.3 then it will have a more recent v0.7.54 version of MediaInfo.DLL that prevents a few of the bad crashes. You can also manually replace the DLL as they are now already at v0.7.55.

The log files are still useful, because it can of course also be something else :)

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks very much for your replies. :)

I updated to MP 1.2.3 prior to updating TV series so I should have the updated version of MediaInfo I suppose.

I just tried again and this time it worked. If the same problem occurs again I will collect the logs and post them.

Until then.. thanks again!!

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, sorry to hijack this thread, but exactly the same thing startted happening to me tonight. Tried to import a couple of series (from within MP-TV Series Configuration) and it gets stuck between " Retrieving Series and Season Artwork". Cancel button is unresponsive, task manager shows no activity. Have to kill the process to recover
    Rebooted machine a few times and retried the importer each time the same issue.

Mediaportal at v1.2.3, latest version of MP-TV installed (3.3.1). Even recovered the database from a backup from a few days ago (before I noticed this problem), but no help

log attached

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    tmacca, I can't see anything obvious from your log. Can you try episode ratings import or just remove your account id temporary and see if you can reproduce. Also if you pm me your database I can take a closer look.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    OK, sorry to hijack this thread, but exactly the same thing startted happening to me tonight. Tried to import a couple of series (from within MP-TV Series Configuration) and it gets stuck between " Retrieving Series and Season Artwork". Cancel button is unresponsive, task manager shows no activity. Have to kill the process to recover
    Rebooted machine a few times and retried the importer each time the same issue.

Mediaportal at v1.2.3, latest version of MP-TV installed (3.3.1). Even recovered the database from a backup from a few days ago (before I noticed this problem), but no help

log attached

Verify your TheTVdB users account API key matches the one you entered inside MP-TVSeries configuration.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Rochess, I think you mean TVDb account id matches mptvseries entry ;) There are two on your account page if you have API Key then you could mistakenly copy the wrong one.

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    you have lost me! What do you want me to check?

I have been using MP-TV for years, this problem has only just started in the last couple of days, so I don't think it would be a problem with a mis-typed API key, as I havent changed it...ever!

My MP-TV hangs in several different random places - sometimes "Retrieving Series and Season Artwork", sometimes "Retrieving User Ratings". Once it hangs, it can only be recovered by killing it in Task Manager.

If I untick "Download data from the TV Online Database", it still randomly hangs

However, if I click on "Account Identifier", it opens up Internet Explorer and shows me a SQL error:

"Query failed; You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL version for the right syntax to use near "ORDER by projectname" at line 1

Is this related do you think?

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    ok, I followed RoChess's advice and I can now run a full import without it hanging. It looks like something weird with my API key. I simply logged in to www.thetvdb.com, copied the API key from my account and re-entered it in MP-TV config. Although it was exactly the same, it now appears to work without hanging!

Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom