[Blog] The Upcoming Release of MediaPortal 1.1.0 (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As one of the newest members of the MediaPortal (Docs) Team, I was astounded to see all the work that goes on behind the scenes and to share in the amazing team spirit that fuels the success of MediaPortal.

So I decided to do a regular Blog about the fascinating stuff going on. This will be mostly a series of interviews with various team members to answer some questions and share information about the development of MediaPortal with you all.

Here is my first interview with: our Project Coordinator: Christian aka Infinityloop about The Upcoming Release of MediaPortal 1.1.0

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: The Inside Scoop Vol 1-1: MediaPortal 1.1.0 Release

Many thanks for this great idea. Very enlightening and exciting. It is unusual to find so many matters in just a paragraph (not as in the forum, everywhere a little bit ..)
    I am pleased and grateful to the Team of MediaPortal. And besides, I like the new icons of MP.

Thank you
    bribbon_81

(translated with google)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: The Inside Scoop Vol 1-1: MediaPortal 1.1.0 Release

Even though I've been following the development towards the RC, I enjoyed reading this.
    Great work.
    blog_banner_2.jpg

^ /me like!

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:Da lot!

It is a very good idea to give us (users and developers) inside information of what is going on with MP.
    I am sure MP is THE best mediacenter application, but it took me some time to understand!

Now I am trying to convince some of my friends who use Windows Mediacenter sinds 2004 up to W7. I must say that is not easy:( But I figured out what is holding them back.:cool:

It is the lack of a good structure on this web site. (No offense)
    If you do not know where to look you can not find what you need...
    Example: You just installed MP and want to change the basic skin into the popular StreamedMP. You go to the plugin directory and look for skins. You select 16:9 and ....it is not there!:rolleyes: (You should go to the forum, not downloads)
    2e example: You found a great plugin and want to install. You download install and discover its not working as it should. Problem...it is for an older MP release.
    The best downloads are now scatterd around in the forum where it is very hard to track down a version release or even find them.

I think the most new users are very confused when starting to use this great application. They fall back on Windows MCE within days. Only the die hard, more patient ones will last and get it running as they wish.

But maybe thats the intension:oops:

:sorry: if this was a bit "off topic" but I think this blog could be the first stap to explane what the hell we are doing here.:p

@ all developers, testers and other contributers...Keep up the good work it is highly appreciated.

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

In my opinion this is a really nice idea!

I really enjoyed reading this first one and am already looking forward to the next. I think it's always good for a community to get some background infos about the project and the people behind the scenes, who sacrifice a big part of their spare time for it.

:D for this blog!

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This article is really great, well written, informative...! Thanks a lot :)
    Please, please go on with those kind of articles!

It is very very interesting, what's running behind the scenes in MediaPortal!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

:Da lot!
    If you do not know where to look you can not find what you need...

I think the most new users are very confused when starting to use this great application. They fall back on Windows MCE within days. Only the die hard, more patient ones will last and get it running as they wish.

But maybe thats the intension:oops:

Hey thanks fmulders! You are absolutely right, and it is very important. I can tell you the team is very aware and concerned about this issue. In fact, you may have seen Infinityloop's posts on the homepage almost begging for a webdeveloper to help. That was mostly to address this issue. But everyone we have tried leaves after a month or so with no results we can use, which has been very frustrating. So you are not alone! However, that has not stopped us from trying other avenues and I hope to do a Blog soon about what the team has been working on! I have to find out all the details first LOL!

So, it was not 'offtopic' at all! :) :D

Anyone is free to suggest a topic for my Blog and I will see what I can do. ATM, the team is very busy trying to get RC release done, plus a ziillion other things, and I don't want to interrupt their work too much, but I try and grab a few mintues where I can.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Allready in the works. ;)

And because of Dadeos great help, its only a mather of a few months, not years to get it ready. ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks funkstar, I forgot to change the link when we moved it to the main home page from the Blogs section!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom