Theme: BasicHome goes Classic with Backdrops | NEW: Editor available (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion Emph,
Deleted cache and rebooted....No change.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Try the 2.7 version and see if that works? I'm still using that IIRC, so I'm not exactly an authority on this, lol.

Emph

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

strange thing. I just re-tested the download of V 3.0 and installed it in the Themes folder of the Titan skin and it worked as expected. Didn't do a fresh install of MP a long time now, but I wouldn't know why it shouldn't work with a fresh install.

Please check the path to the theme:
    Should be something like: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Themes\backdropped

And check C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\SkinSettings.xml
    it should start with:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
      <section name="theme">
        <entry name="name">backdropped</entry>
      </section>

Thanks

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    2.7 installed, Deleted cache, Rebooted, Selected Backdropped from available Titan mods in MP config and.....Nothing still original home screen.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

do you have any other theme you can test?
    And just to be sure (and most likely a stupid question, so please excuse me): You are using Titan in Basichome mode (not Classic) as skin: meaning you still have only the tiles as menu? Can you choose the theme from within MediaPortal?

Thanks

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi again,

Just tried the Titan Christmas theme and it worked no problem at all, I can select the backdropped theme from within MP config/GUI/Titan config but nothing changes in Basichome, From within MP GUI itself skin default is highlighted, If I try to select Backdropped (which is available) the 'working' icon spins for about 2 seconds but then drops back to skin default.
    Yep Basichome mode is selected.
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am using DJBlu's custom Sky grabber version??

Thanks......

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I'm running out of options now...
    Last idea:
    Theme compatibility assurance
    When a theme is loaded by MediaPortal it is checked for compatibility against the version of the base skin. The theme version must exactly match the version of the base skin or the theme will not load. The skin version information is stored in the skins "references.xml" file.

If the theme is not allowed to load due to incompatibility then the skins default theme (no theme) is set.

Theme version information is specified in "theme.xml" in the controls/theme/version attribute. The value should be a string that matches the version information of the base skin.
    Please check that version in the reference.xml in the Titan folder is exactly the same as in the theme.xml in the backdropped folder

Regards

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    I had left the 2.7 version installed so the .xml file references didn't match, Re-installed v3.0 and it worked straight away....Dont know why as I didn't do anything different but I'm not complaining :)

Thanks again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom