[Theme] Dark Red MP 1.3a StreamedMP 1.8.0b (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here is a dark and red theme I've made for StreamedMP, it is for default view only and contains opaque backgrounds so will not be a mod for fanart fans. Fanart views are untouched.

So far I've done TVSeries and Moving Pictures only.

Planning to do

Music view (using MrV's MODS)
    MVCentral
    MP Videos
    Other bits and pieces, menus etc.
    Then maybe some requests

COMPATIBILITY
    MediaPortal 1.3 alpha , StreamedMP 1.8.0 beta

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Unzip Dark Red.zip in attachements to your working skin Themes directory, by default this is:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Themes
    Create the folder 'Themes' if it doesn't already exist.

2. Delete the Skin Cache directory, by default this is:
    Code:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\cache\StreamedMP
    or delete it from the StreamedMP basic home editor

3. Open the MediaPortal configuration window and select Dark Red in the skin setting under the GUI tab.

StreamedMP team cannot help with problems with this theme.

If you come across any problems let me know and I will try my best to fix them.

Issues
    There does seem to be an issue with TVseries, it doesn't appear to look for some images in the Themes folder, watched icons in lists and the media info logos seem to be ignored and standard skin files are used.
    If you want those themed you will need to copy them into the normal skin media folder and overwrite the originals.
    Movingpictures uses the same media logos and picks up the new themed ones ok.

22-25-11.png 22-25-19.png 22-26-20.png 22-26-28.png 22-26-38.png22-29-23.png 22-29-06.png 22-28-47.png 22-28-13.png 22-28-32.png22-27-47.png 22-27-28.png 22-27-13.png 22-27-01.png

Attachments

• Dark Red.zip
      6.4 MB
    Last edited:

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Don't give up quite yet, themes is something we were hoping he community would create.

This is a good theme and as this MP release is alpha the audience is likely to be limited as of now, a version of StreamedMP that supports 1.3a is yet to be released, Damien is working on this currently.

Cheers

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    I mainly did it for myself as a bit of learning exercise but since its done may as well post it up. enjoyed doing it.

will continue to do the rest over time.

I think people love fanart too much for this

One thing it has made me do a lot more is appreciate how much of your spare time you guys must put into making these skins. I know what I've created could have probably been done in half the time by yourself and Damien or anyone who's a skinner but even still, it took me hours and hours just for two plugins.

I'd love to make my own skin but don't think i'd have the time (and definitely don't have the ability), can see why so many skins fall to the graveyard or don't get past the preview stage.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this stuff looks very professional!
    I would like to see it as a (red) theme for StreamedMP some day!
    Thanks! =)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    I'm going to redo this as a proper selectable theme for the latest streamedMP and MP 1.3a

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom