[User Mod] Theme: Kiwi Gold (Supports basic + extended home) (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which weather plugin do I need and how do i set it up so the animation corresponds with the current weather image?

World Weather Lite (Should also work with World Weather).
    Animated clouds are in Kiwi Gold - Extended (editable) Home Screen
    Weather backdrop to current weather condition is in Kiwi Gold - Standard Home Screen

In next release will have option to choose which of the above you want. Eventually I may add animated backdrops that match the current weather condition, but for now you must choose between animated clouds 'vs' static weather matched backdrop.

Elimination

Portal Member
    August 12, 2009
    Which weather plugin do I need and how do i set it up so the animation corresponds with the current weather image?

World Weather Lite (Should also work with World Weather).
    Animated clouds are in Kiwi Gold - Extended (editable) Home Screen
    Weather backdrop to current weather condition is in Kiwi Gold - Standard Home Screen

In next release will have option to choose which of the above you want. Eventually I may add animated backdrops that match the current weather condition, but for now you must choose between animated clouds 'vs' static weather matched backdrop.

Ahh, like that. Well that explains what's going on, because I have the extended home screen activated (I like it much better). I have the worldweather plugin installed and it does show the temperature in the upper right corner, but no drawing of a cloud/sun like in your screencaps. Is that a setting?

Anyways, awesome work!

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if there is a file called common time or something like that inside the kiwi dir in the installer you can drop that into the extended theme dir, should work. I didn't get around to changing the clock in extended yet.

PS. Most of my work will be going into extended home screen + adding a few sprinkles elsewhere in the skin, as there is not much more that can be added to the existing basic home (apart from making editable buttons, which will probably get done by the titan team / other themes anyway)

Last edited:

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Help please Kiwi :).I am using your wonderful skin,just wondered why, 15-27-08.png 15-28-19.png when I am using Radiotime plugin,the now playing screen doesn't show the next artist,but does when i return to the home screen,with radiotime still in the background?.Hopefully the pictures will show what I mean

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    but does when i return to the home screen,with radiotime still in the background
    I don't see next artist in either screenshot, and i'm not sure if that is available. check with default titan skin.

Sorry,didn't explain myself properly.When I am back in the homescreen the next track/artist is displayed when currently playing,whereas when in the now playing screen the first track you listen to is the only one shown

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Does Radiotime support next track in the default titan skin?
    Hi,Kiwi.I have tracked down the problem,it lies within the nowplaying.xml in the radiotime plugin for titan.You get next track in default,but not with titan skinfile.I dont know enough about modding xml files so I will put up with it.Thanks for your help:)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Post screenshots of nowplaying with radiotime for both DW+Titan skin, then I'll add it to the titan extended issue tracker and get it fixed.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Post screenshots of nowplaying with radiotime for both DW+Titan skin, then I'll add it to the titan extended issue tracker and get it fixed.

Thanks Kiwi,posted screenshots,hope this is what you meant.1st screenshot is Titan,2nd screenshot DW
    11-07-08.png 11-08-18.png[DOUBLEPOST=1371292077][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks Kiwi,posted screenshots,hope this is what you meant.1st screenshot is Titan,2nd screenshot DW
    11-07-08.png 11-08-18.png

I think I know what I have done wrong,I had been using RadioTime Skinfiles V2.Seems this skinfile doesn't show the next track, whereas the DW skinfile does.Have posted these skinfiles,maybe you could look at them.Many thanks for your time Kiwi:)

Attachments

• common.window.radiotime.xml
      5 KB
    • RadioTime.xml
      12.2 KB
    • radiotimenowplaying.xml
      7.7 KB
    • RadioTimePresets.xml
      4.7 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom