1.4.x Themes: BasicHome, Clear Art's support for Titan, Weather icon on screen, bugfixes and more. (3 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    As one of the options for solving the problem in the Titan skin with plugins that are not updated or are rarely updated. Or transfer them to the Media Portal repository, or to a separate one. And update there (not a very good way). Or make all the changes in Titan Extended (but when updating plugins, you may need to reinstall Titan Extended, which is also not very good).

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Absolutely correct - the FH properties work perfect and much better than the loooong time no longer supported DVDArt ;)
    DVDArt has an Artwork tab where you can select which image you want if you are not happy with the default. Most of the time the default if great but sometimes I am not happy with it and want the option to replace it.

DVDArt has that ability to select which image I want to use.
    DVDArt.png

I don't see an option for MePoTools to let me select which images I want from a list.
    An installer would be nice. I am sure the MP configuration is existing enough now to preset a lot of the settings as well.
    MePoTools.png

If we are to replace the DVDArt then I would like to see some updates to MePoTools.
    I could not find the code in GitHub either.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would look either at the size of the pictures, or at the set of them, so that there are not 6 or 7, find and analyze the differences in the data and correct them once and for all.
    In this case it is H264 and VC1 Video Formats both being added.
    Maybe a check for Video Formats h264 and h265 then ignore VC1 image?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    DVDArt has an Artwork tab where you can select which image you want if you are not happy with the default. Most of the time the default if great but sometimes I am not happy with it and want the option to replace it.
    Yes, there is no such option in FH, MePoTools, but you can always configure FH so that it searches for files in DVDArt folders (in my opinion, it does this by default if it does not find default folders) and they will be in its properties. Just like MePoTools, it can save files to DVDArt folders.
    I don't like to go into the configurator, so FH and MePoTools work in automatic mode. If I don't like something, I just delete this file and wait for an update.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe a check for Video Formats h264 and h265 then ignore VC1 image?
    I would start with this, but here everyone decides for themselves what and how to withdraw. I removed the subtitles. I'm not interested in them.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    you can always configure FH so that it searches for files in DVDArt folders
    Does FH copy the images to the FH folders that are used in the by Titan and MePo theme?
    If I don't like something, I just delete this file and wait for an update.
    If MePoTools is set for Random images then it's a game of chance on what you get. I find the first result is usually preferable so don't use random.
    I can post it, but this is Delphi and the code is many years old
    DVDArt is Visual Studio and in github so would seem like a better idea if we were able to maintain it. We could also update the folder path to use the FH paths.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would start with this, but here everyone decides for themselves what and how to withdraw. I removed the subtitles. I'm not interested in them.
    I had a look at the subtitle logos and you are correct, the height needed to be altered for it to work.
    These should have a subfolder in MePo called TVLogos to avoid any impacts with MovingPictures and anything else.

The 7 icons I was experiencing with VC1 I was able to workaround for the method you prefer.

The other media images are spaced out too far which means adjusting the widths of all of them and adjusting these as well bringing the total to 36 images for MePo.

Here you can see what it looks like with the Media Info image sizes adjusted for the chosen method. PR created.
    TVSeries.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom