think ive just broken my set up :( - tv distorting (1 Viewer)

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hey,

so i decided to install bit coin and see what this whole mining thing was about using my htpc that has media portal on it. before hand i imaged the pc. installed bit coin decided it wasn't for me then used the image to revert back to how the system was before. however now when i try watch tv its distorting or block up as if theres a bad signal (all the other tvs in house work well) or not playing at all happens on about 90% of the channels. anyone got any ideas what could of done this? really dont want to have to fully install the whole system again.[DOUBLEPOST=1386609355][/DOUBLEPOST]wasnt able to upload the log as it was too big what would be the best parts to upload?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is the size of the ZIP??? That should be quite unusual. Could you delete (move) the log files (c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log & c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\TV Server\Log) and then run MP in Debug mode again. That should produce a smaller Log with all the needed Contents.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    moved them all fired media portal back up to make the problem happen again and run the debug. see attached. its almost like the system starts to crash once the tv is on now

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Continuity errors in your TsWriter log => stressed hard drive?
    Either some other process is using E: really heavily or you have a real-time scanner (anti-virus/malware/spyware) such as MS Security Essentials scanning the MP and TV Server install, data and configuration directories.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    i moved the tv filepaths to e just in case it was that from d no luck though

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i moved the tv filepaths to e just in case it was that from d no luck though
    I suggest you open task manager, go to the performance tab, and go into resource monitor. Check: which process is using the HDD heavily.
    If it is not HDD then it is most likely signal quality issues. I assumed it wasn't that due to the nature of how/when the problem started. Maybe I was wrong?

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    the hard drives in use and the green lines are peaking alot but theres a blue line thats staying roughly about 10-20% and drive e is only about a year old. im sure its something that the to do backup managers has done or the tv card has just failed at the same time. may have to try another tv tuner in there and see what happens

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    only thing that springs to mind is some bitcoin mining software use gpu heavily, might have caused a gpu meltdown..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom