This can't be intentional? (MP2's EPG GUI) (1 Viewer)

JAAHAS

Portal Member
April 8, 2015
Home Country
Finland Finland
Maybe it's just my installation, but when I went to a vertical listing of a selected channel's EPG, I could only scroll down about a one day's worth of upcoming programs instead of the full week in the horizontal mode. Have I been teleported to a Bizarro world or do people actually use the latter view for programming?

I also prefer the old way of Enter, Enter, Esc for programming as I could immediately see after pressing the first Enter if there was more instances of the same program on the right side and then go to verify that I am not accidentally recording a rerun and mark all new episodes for the whole week. Although in the latter case, the fact that in my country the age restriction information is added inside brackets after the program's name is real annoying when some episodes have different ratings. So being able to ignore the bracketed information would be a great addition.

If only the MP2 client could have used the MP1's TVservice, then I could have tested the EPG GUI with new client on another PC and keep my DVR-PC intact instead of messing with it and spending a full day on getting it back to a working condition after it turned out that on the fly verification during imaging was somehow not enough that PC... For everyones benefit I waited over a month before writing this post just to let me cool off and not to let my frustration over the incident affect too much on my opinions to the problems with the new EPG GUI.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Have I been teleported to a Bizarro world or do people actually use the latter view for programming?
    You probably missed that MP2 has two different EPG views. The one that only can be scrolled down is the so called "EPG" or "Mini- EPG" that mainly is used for "zapping" and similar, a fast look at the recent (now and next to follow) programs. Then there is the "Full EPG" that has the common way of scrolling up/down and left/right where you can view the whole week of program or even some weeks (depending on your EPG data source). This mainly is meant for planing and schedule of recordings.

JAAHAS

Portal Member
    April 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So I spent some time checking the Wiki, didn't really found any screenshots about MP2's EPG modes, but there was a screenshot of the miniEPG on the MP1's tree. That however, is not the view mode that I was talking about.

Maybe it is more clear if I explain how to get to the view, so just like in the MP1 client, I select TV, go to TV Guide, go left to select the column with the channel names, select one of the channels and press Enter to get only that channels's programs listed in a vertical view. While MP1 lists the whole week in this view, MP2 listed only the programs within the next 24 hours.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it is more clear if I explain how to get to the view, so just like in the MP1 client, I select TV, go to TV Guide, go left to select the column with the channel names, select one of the channels and press Enter to get only that channels's programs listed in a vertical view. While MP1 lists the whole week in this view, MP2 listed only the programs within the next 24 hours.
    I miss this feature of MP1 in MP2 too.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This can be changed quite easy, the limit was introduced to avoid performance issues.
    How many days in advance you would expect to see here? 2, 7, 14 or all available?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello morpheus_xx!
    Thanks for the explanation. Since I use TV Movie, I would like to see all.
    Where can I change it?

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does that mean, I get my personal jb-edition, thanks?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom