This gets your MCE2005 Philips remote working!

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by ldm, January 10, 2005.

1. ldm

ldm Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Harley and everyone else who has problem with MCE philips remote: this is how I got it working:

In the hardware section, topic MCE2005 remote, Harley is right about the zip, but when installing it, it still requests for an irbus.sys driver.

Here is the crux of the problem : this IRBUS INF and SYS driver is *ONLY* on the win-xp *PROFESSIONAL* disk in the I386 directory....

(background: M$-MCE is based on XP-PRO with extensions)

this means that users like me who tried to install on win-xp HOME edition must copy the irbus.xxx files from a PROFESSIONAL cd and then install the driver pointing to these files...!!! Then it works immediately...

I hope this info works for you as well so you can enjoy MediaPortal too....

Regards,

Luc De Meyer :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rutger

Rutger Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    philips MCE 2005 remote issue & solution

I had also an issue with the MCE 2005 Philips remote with my XP Home edition. I plugged it in on both my laptop and desktop, both didn't recognise the ir-receiver. I also have SP2, that does not help. I couldn't find a driver, it should just work out of the box. I also tested it at my work pc, a prof. edition, and it did work. So I guess the remote does not work on a home edition.

Then I ran into some people that had the same issue, for example on http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ftopic90238.html and http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ntopic83362.html

It tells that you have to copy over a new "irbus.sys". However, that did not help for me. Later I found out that only a specific version of the irbus does work. The working version is 5.1.2600.2180, the version that does not work is 5.1.2600.1321. The working version is found on the MCE CD, but I think it's also delivered with other versions of Windows.

So what I did:
    1. I removed all irbus.pnf, irbus.sys and irbus.inf files of the system, so including the files in windows\system32\drivers, windows\drivercache\i386 and windows\inf (hidden).
    2. Attached the ir-receiver. It asked for drivers.
    3. Used the irbus.sys file and irbus.inf - correct version :)
    4. And it worked...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Version isbus.sys 5.1.2600.2180 does not work either !

Hi

Followed the instructions

Go version 2180 , but still no succes.

The file version is 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Could you please tell me which version you have, also in between the brackets.

Could you also tell me where I could find this.

Thanks

5. callagga

callagga New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Can someone indicate where to download the file set (as I have only XP Home edition too).

This would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!