This gets your MCE2005 Philips remote working! (1 Viewer)

L

ldm

Harley and everyone else who has problem with MCE philips remote: this is how I got it working:

In the hardware section, topic MCE2005 remote, Harley is right about the zip, but when installing it, it still requests for an irbus.sys driver.

Here is the crux of the problem : this IRBUS INF and SYS driver is *ONLY* on the win-xp *PROFESSIONAL* disk in the I386 directory....

(background: M$-MCE is based on XP-PRO with extensions)

this means that users like me who tried to install on win-xp HOME edition must copy the irbus.xxx files from a PROFESSIONAL cd and then install the driver pointing to these files...!!! Then it works immediately...

I hope this info works for you as well so you can enjoy MediaPortal too....

Regards,

Luc De Meyer :D

R

Rutger

philips MCE 2005 remote issue & solution

I had also an issue with the MCE 2005 Philips remote with my XP Home edition. I plugged it in on both my laptop and desktop, both didn't recognise the ir-receiver. I also have SP2, that does not help. I couldn't find a driver, it should just work out of the box. I also tested it at my work pc, a prof. edition, and it did work. So I guess the remote does not work on a home edition.

Then I ran into some people that had the same issue, for example on http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ftopic90238.html and http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ntopic83362.html

It tells that you have to copy over a new "irbus.sys". However, that did not help for me. Later I found out that only a specific version of the irbus does work. The working version is 5.1.2600.2180, the version that does not work is 5.1.2600.1321. The working version is found on the MCE CD, but I think it's also delivered with other versions of Windows.

So what I did:
1. I removed all irbus.pnf, irbus.sys and irbus.inf files of the system, so including the files in windows\system32\drivers, windows\drivercache\i386 and windows\inf (hidden).
2. Attached the ir-receiver. It asked for drivers.
3. Used the irbus.sys file and irbus.inf - correct version :)
4. And it worked...

A

Anonymous

Version isbus.sys 5.1.2600.2180 does not work either !

Hi

Followed the instructions

Go version 2180 , but still no succes.

The file version is 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Could you please tell me which version you have, also in between the brackets.

Could you also tell me where I could find this.

Thanks

callagga

October 1, 2005
Hi,

Can someone indicate where to download the file set (as I have only XP Home edition too).

This would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom