This is Rediculously Frustrating. (1 Viewer)

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The skin has been set to Default Wide, which is, as said, much more mouse friendly.

Both groups, "Channels" and "All Channels" are there. Still no TV and the guide still indicates Label Missing.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please post logs? Use Watchdog and option 3 to collect all available logs and upload the zip, which will be created on your desktop.

If you can preview your channels in TVServer config you are really close to getting this working. You could also deactivate your firewall to test if this would be due to some port not being open, etc.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    It is the latter that is the editable one and, unless you have created other groups, will be displayed by the client. Hopefully you did not delete it. Also there is an option in the Mediaportal Configuration to not display the "All Channels" group. If activated and no other group defined there would be nothing to display.

Don't think "All Channels" is part of the problem. I normally have both AllChannels and Favorites groups, As a test I enabled Hide "All Channels" Group in http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/1_TV_Client and confirmed Default-Wide only showed my Favorites, went into TV ServerConfig, exported my channels/groups, deleted my Favorites so I only had AllChannels. When I closed/opened MP-Client, it defaulted to AllChannels even with "Hide" enabled, guess it fell back to the only channels/group available in EPG and Channels. So Hide "All Channels" Group is not likely to be the problem Ed is seeing.

The logs Ed uploaded only go up to Aug 12 and don't show his current setup/problem. It would help if Ed did a new full log upload with both the TV Server and MP Client log files. The problems Ed is seeing are probably over my head, so hopefully a new/full set of logs will help mm or somebody else see what is causing problems.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logs Ed uploaded only go up to Aug 12 and don't show his current setup/problem. It would help if Ed did a new full log upload with both the TV Server and MP Client log files.

Something that was now several times in this thread. And once again by me just 15 min before you posted your comment.;)
    Can you please post logs? Use Watchdog and option 3 to collect all available logs and upload the zip, which will be created on your desktop.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    it probably took me 10+ minutes to play around with AllChannels, do a little testing, and type my message. Meanwhile you typed a similar message while I was doing tests.

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
    Home Country
    My most recent logs, utilizing the Export all Currently Present Logs option..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Ed Nielsen
    Can you please do the following:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "Radio Channels" section.
    3. Look at the available tabs within the section.
    There should be at least 2 - first tab for organising channels, second tab "All Channels" group. I suspect you're missing the second tab for some reason.
    To fix, simply create a new radio channel group called "All Channels".

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
    Home Country
    @Ed Nielsen
    Can you please do the following:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "Radio Channels" section.
    3. Look at the available tabs within the section.
    There should be at least 2 - first tab for organising channels, second tab "All Channels" group. I suspect you're missing the second tab for some reason.
    To fix, simply create a new radio channel group called "All Channels".
    In the Radio Channels section there are 2 tabs -- "Channels(35)" and "Analog." Al stations in the Channels tag are listed as in the group "Analog," and when I click on the Analog tab, as expected, all of the stations populate

Might that have been the fix for no radio in MP2?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the Radio Channels section there are 2 tabs -- "Channels(35)" and "Analog."
    So there you have the problem. Like I said, create the "All Channels" group and you should be good to go. :)

Might that have been the fix for no radio in MP2?
    Nope, there's a separate issue with analog (FM) radio in MP2.

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Why did creating a new group in the FM Radio section enable TV viewing?

Now for the EPG...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom