this view could not be built (2 Viewers)

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks @Lehmden the most thing i missing is the use of import/export .nfo's in MePo1 MP-TV-Series (or i havent simply found it already?)

BTW for the users side the different imdb-tags are seeming not that problematic, since purpose is for backup and reimport into same project or for siwtching to another/using several projects simultanesousely - what all is done with properly scraped data and user altered data in the nfo-files already, so the imdb-tag is not urgently needed anymore at that points.

Important is that user altered data should be transferred, and this works with mentioned 4 projects, as far as i have tested it out until now.

But i understand a bit more of the arguments from @MJGraf after you have named this specific issue - for this an coaltion of projects can be useful, but this is maybe an silly naive dream :D

OK good to know, thanks again and again you guys ;)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    @Lehmden: Can you tell me the target type value and name of the Tmdb-ID tag in matroska files?
    For movies we currently only read from mkv tags:
    • the Imdb-ID (target type value: 50, tag-name: "IMDB"); and
    • the Tvdb-ID (target type value: 50, tag-name: "TVDB")
    I assume, the target type value would also be 50 for the Tmdb-ID. How about the tag-name? Is that "TMDB"?
    Sorry for this question, but I have no real clue about mkv-tags and how they work...
    Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have no real clue about mkv-tags
    http://matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/index.html

In series this is a bit different compared to movies. Movies are having only one level (as we don't tag "movieset" related data up to now).
    Series did have three levels. The movie and the Episode is at targettype 50, the season at targettype 60 and the series at targettype 70.
    So the TVDB-ID needs to have target type value: 70, the season number target type value: 60 and episodes number target type value: 50. Season and Episodes number are having both the same tag name and are separated only by the target type value...

I've just created a (valid) matroska tag file (it is a xml with exactly defined tags) for a series episodes (Doctor Who S09E01) with all relevant tags... This xml you can use in e.g. MKVMerge to add the tags to the mkv-video. Simply use it as "global attachment" and the mkv video has proper metatags. There you may see all what you were looking for.

Attachments

• S09E01 - Der Zauberlehrling (1).7z
      1.1 KB

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Thanks, Lehmden.
    I'm currently only looking after movies, but I'll use that one later for series. I've found it also in a picture from chefkoch. It's 50 and "TMDB".
    But what drives me crazy again is that the "TMDB" tag is not part of the standard. And guess what: here someone is proposing that the tag name for the tmdb-id is "THEMOVIEDB".
    I'll stick with "TMDB" anyway...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Oh, and while we are at it, @Lehmden : Could you make a dummy mkv-movie file for me (1 second or so), where only the tmdb-id is tagged in the mkv? Nothing else, no imdb-id, title, etc., so that I can test whether it works solely based on tmdb-id. Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know the "official" tag name is "TMDB" and that's how all my MKV are tagged. If you need I also can generate a movies tagfile...

The reason I mentioned series was (as I now think) a typo in your post above...
    the Tvdb-ID (target type value: 50, tag-name: "TVDB"
    so I thought you ask about series...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    The reason I mentioned series was (as I now think) a typo in your post above...
    var rm="read_more ...";var o="... Read Less";var adjustheight=20; so I thought you ask about series...
    Nope, no typo on my side - maybe a typo in our code. If you have a look here, we currently try to parse for a TVDB-ID for movies. Does that make sense at all or could that be a typo in the code? Does TvDb have metadata for movies?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe a typo in our code
    Can it be that this was introduced while fixing the issue with matroska tags in SeriesMDE? Before this was fixed in Spring this year, MKV-tags for series are not working as the MDE was looking in MKV-tags only for IMDB ID but not for TVDB ID (what would be necessary to identify a series safely)...

Does TvDb have metadata for movies?
    Nope. Only for series. Excerpt for movies that belongs to a series like the two "X-Files" movies, the two "Sex and the city" movies, "Serenity" (belongs to "Firefly") or similar

Could you make a dummy mkv-movie file for me
    here you go:

Attachments

• Avatar - Aufbruch nach Pandora.7z
      7.4 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom