Thumbnailpanel with more rows than columns (1 Viewer)

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
I increased the height of the thumbnail panel so the rows of banners would be spread apart more. Now that I have more space between rows, does anybody know how to make the blue border around a selected banner bigger?

I decided that was a good idea after reading your post so I played around a little, seems like if you change itemHeightBig and textureHeightBig it increases the size of the graphics behind the banner. Then you have to reposition the banner so it's centered on the background.

Attached is what I decided on, made a few small tweaks, more vertical space, no gaps between butons, slightly more transparent when not focused (in order to give more of a lighting up effect to the selected show).

I also toyed with making the background black for a unselected series, still not sure which way I like better. Anyway to do that I just replaced:
<imageFolder>album_background_nofocus.png</imageFolder>
with
<imageFolder>black.bmp</imageFolder>

I could not have even imagined an interface this pretty before seeing this. Once again thanks everybody who worked on it.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
So, patience is not one of my virtues and I am really excited to get 5 rows working. I haven't compiled the SVN before so I am not sure my logic is sound, but I am at work right now and recompiled core.dll with the patched line by patrick. Can we just copy this over the current core.dll and have it work? I'll test it when I get home tonight, but if anyone else is feeling adventurous I'll attach the core.dll here.

Its working great! Can someone make sure the devs see this? Its just ctr+c ctrl+v for them now?

I increased the height of the thumbnail panel so the rows of banners would be spread apart more. Now that I have more space between rows, does anybody know how to make the blue border around a selected banner bigger?

I decided that was a good idea after reading your post so I played around a little, seems like if you change itemHeightBig and textureHeightBig it increases the size of the graphics behind the banner. Then you have to reposition the banner so it's centered on the background.

Attached is what I decided on, made a few small tweaks, more vertical space, no gaps between butons, slightly more transparent when not focused (in order to give more of a lighting up effect to the selected show).

I also toyed with making the background black for a unselected series, still not sure which way I like better. Anyway to do that I just replaced:
<imageFolder>album_background_nofocus.png</imageFolder>
with
<imageFolder>black.bmp</imageFolder>

I could not have even imagined an interface this pretty before seeing this. Once again thanks everybody who worked on it.

The changes are great. But with this xml i only get 4 rows.. with the one supplied in the xface thread i get 5. So for now ill stick with the old one.

:D To all who helped making TV-Series even better!

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yeah thanks a lot!
Really hard finding something that looks good together. Well to me it looks best with no borders round the banners at all and 2px margins and unfocusedalpha at 100. :)

Also working on a new improved layout! Think I'll finish it today.. :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Guys - Realize that we are in a feature freeze (so nothing except bug fixes are suppose to go in now) for 0.2.3.0 I doubt that this enhancement will appear until after 0.2.3.0 is released. (But I could be wrong)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In my mind I didn't see (that doesn't mean the Thumbnailpanel didn't exist prior to 0.2.3.0) this in a prior version. I know some of that design was around and was wanted (I was one of those people) but no one stepped up like you have to dig in and make it happen. I know there has been developer support (without it, this design would not have happened). But if you have seen the code submitted into the SVN then it should appear, but I haven't looked to see if the needed code was ever submitted into SVN.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I can't follow the logic of this not being a bug either. Granted its not a bug that many ppl will come across, but since someone already found a solution (I'll admin without much testing yet, but nobody sofar reported any weird side effects - it certainly works fine for me) I think it should go in.

It has nothing at all to do with tvseries plugin, it can be reproduced easily without having the plugin installed at all, item aren't being rendered that are "logically" there (as in you can interact with them and all).

I hope a dev will agree with me ;-)

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    The changes are great. But with this xml i only get 4 rows.. with the one supplied in the xface thread i get 5. So for now ill stick with the old one.

Probably have to make the height of the thumbpanel higher, not sure why its different for you than for me.

Also, this is most definitely a bug, not an enhancement.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Probably have to make the height of the thumbpanel higher, not sure why its different for you than for me.

Also, this is most definitely a bug, not an enhancement.

Hum.. how do I change that? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom