Thumbnails, album & video cover art | Page 2

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Frodo, May 4, 2004.

1. samuel337

samuel337 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try Album Art Downloader, available at http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/

Sam

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Olodin
    • Premium Supporter

Olodin MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Re: Thumbnail - and ONE CLICK PLAY ...?

Maybe this helps a bit:
    In My Videos use the "Switch View" and select "Title View". This shows all your films, no matter where they are located on your harddisk. But it is required that you have put them in the database by querying IMDB information with F3.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Sam,

thanks for the tip. :)

I tried the program, but the actual release is not able to track subfolders. Call me lazy, but I hoped to find a prog that is a little more comfortable :(

Other Tips?

cu

dippas

5. moriax

moriax Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can I somehow get the thumbnails bigger in size? I would like to use thumbnails as video cover art, but the thumbnails are so small you can't see what movie they represent. Some time ago I played around with myHTPC and I recall the meny (movie folder content) could be presented as big cover icons. Is this possible with MP, maybe I'm missing some settings?

Nevermind..heh...you could just click on the showsettings in MP. Just found it :)

6. noocyte

noocyte Portal Member

Developer/Customer Relation/Support
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried and loved it! it's a bit slow and not a 100% stable, but it works pretty well! :)

It scanned my entire music collection (+8000 tracks) and I've started to add art now... :)

7. Kanenas

Kanenas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi @ll :)
    perhaps this is better http://www.moretunes.net :wink:

8. Jagual

Jagual Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Question

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it's possible to configure MP to recognize a .bmp file instead of .jpg for the thumbnail image?

Thanks!!

9. sebs

sebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

First I would like to thanks all devloper of such a great application. Thanks for your time and you very hard work.

I have exactly the same problems as ravy37170.

Let me explain. All MP3 file in my Music folder have a .tbn file (work also with .jpg) in this case, all song show is thumbnail image. But if I put a folder.jpg in the folder, all song have the thumbnail image folder.jpg.

When a folder.jpg file is present, he take priority of the song tbn file.

Is that a bug, or a wrong manipulation?

Thanks a lot.

10. TrueWarlord

TrueWarlord Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just browsing these forums since I'm planning on building a PC and adding Media Portal.

Interesting stuff...it's exactly the same for the XBMC. Except we can also change program icons by putting a .jpg renamed "default.tbn" in a specific programs folder.

11. 01&G

01&G Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thumbnails size

Hi guys,

Thank you for support. Just moved from version 0.2.0.4 to 0.2.1.0. Like very much.

But one issue: I used the images 800x600 for the thumbnails of my kids movies that they can select a movie through a picture(View:Filmstrip). All my images are the wallpapers 800x600, because it really easy to find on the net. But looks like the version 0.2.1.0 is changed to other size, something like a vertical one(I guess 600x800) and now its look ugly

Is it possible to change thumbnails size back to 800x600 otherwise I have to go from the begining and I don't want to do it.

many thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!