Thumbnails, album & video cover art (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
dippas said:
frodo said:
Did you know that:

3. You can retrieve music album art & info?
In My Music, First scan your music collection by hitting the
scan button in my music
Next, select a song and hit F3. This will query www.allmusic.com
for the album info & thumbnail

Frodo

Hi to frodo and the others,

little question:

I´m looking for a little tool, that helps me to find audio cover arts. I think about a tool that can do a batchwork to search for thumbs and then "export" them to the different folders in "MP-format". Any ideas? MP is in this way a little bit slow and not very comfortable.

cu

dippas

Try Album Art Downloader, available at http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/

Sam

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    Re: Thumbnail - and ONE CLICK PLAY ...?

critifer said:
    Guys,
    Whay I am trying to get away from is a folder drill down approach - and hide the levers under the cover. Meaning - a movie is selected, click play, boom - plays (or mounts/plays). Not I click on the thumbnail, then into another folder then on the file to play it.

Maybe this helps a bit:
    In My Videos use the "Switch View" and select "Title View". This shows all your films, no matter where they are located on your harddisk. But it is required that you have put them in the database by querying IMDB information with F3.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sam,

thanks for the tip. :)

I tried the program, but the actual release is not able to track subfolders. Call me lazy, but I hoped to find a prog that is a little more comfortable :(

Other Tips?

cu

dippas

M

moriax

Can I somehow get the thumbnails bigger in size? I would like to use thumbnails as video cover art, but the thumbnails are so small you can't see what movie they represent. Some time ago I played around with myHTPC and I recall the meny (movie folder content) could be presented as big cover icons. Is this possible with MP, maybe I'm missing some settings?

Nevermind..heh...you could just click on the showsettings in MP. Just found it :)

Jagual

Portal Member
    October 20, 2004
    Question

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it's possible to configure MP to recognize a .bmp file instead of .jpg for the thumbnail image?

Thanks!!

S

sebs

ravy37170 said:
    thx for your fast reply CoolHammer

But:

I've tried and it still doesn't work.

I will more explain my example:

I've got music store in the folder F:\Music\Singles\Rock
    In the folder "Rock" i ve a lot of songs in mp3.
    I've create a file cold "folder.jpg" in the folder "Rock" to give a picture for it.
    So, in MP when i clic on the folder "Rock", i see all the songs with the same small icon with the picture of the file "folder.jpg".

What i want is in MP, when i go to the folder "Rock", it gives differents pictures for each song, instead of same picture for all.

So i tried what you said : create in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\music a file toxicity.tbn refear to the song toxicity.mp3 presents in the folder F:\Music\Singles\Rock

I surely don't understand something (sorry for my bad english)

Hello,

First I would like to thanks all devloper of such a great application. Thanks for your time and you very hard work.

I have exactly the same problems as ravy37170.

Let me explain. All MP3 file in my Music folder have a .tbn file (work also with .jpg) in this case, all song show is thumbnail image. But if I put a folder.jpg in the folder, all song have the thumbnail image folder.jpg.

When a folder.jpg file is present, he take priority of the song tbn file.

Is that a bug, or a wrong manipulation?

Thanks a lot.

T

TrueWarlord

I'm just browsing these forums since I'm planning on building a PC and adding Media Portal.

Interesting stuff...it's exactly the same for the XBMC. Except we can also change program icons by putting a .jpg renamed "default.tbn" in a specific programs folder.

01&G

Portal Member
    July 5, 2005
    Wellington
    Thumbnails size

Hi guys,

Thank you for support. Just moved from version 0.2.0.4 to 0.2.1.0. Like very much.

But one issue: I used the images 800x600 for the thumbnails of my kids movies that they can select a movie through a picture(View:Filmstrip). All my images are the wallpapers 800x600, because it really easy to find on the net. But looks like the version 0.2.1.0 is changed to other size, something like a vertical one(I guess 600x800) and now its look ugly

Is it possible to change thumbnails size back to 800x600 otherwise I have to go from the begining and I don't want to do it.

many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom