Thumbnails, album & video cover art (1 Viewer)

emp3r0r

Portal Member
October 6, 2004
Yes you can go back. You'll need to modify the skin file. Either check your previous version or ask for help in the skinning forum.

yetdog

Portal Member
February 15, 2007
Has doing this via the Content (info) menu been removed in the latest SVN? I seem to remember when highlighting an album and right clicking (or hitting the I (more) button on the MCE remote), a menu popped up where you could choose get cover art. However, I no longer see that option, and since I like to do everything w/ my remote, I'd rather not have to get up and hit F3 everytime I want to refresh/add album coverart.

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Problem:
I've made jpg of my movies, and when i scroll through the movies the jpg is used as thumbnail. Is it possible to set MP to display the jpg in the screens lower left corner (instead of the little blue man - using blue two) in large size as i scroll through the movies??
The thumbnail is small and its difficult to see. Tried to view as icons, but thats not much better (and i prefer list view)...
Perhaps its just (!) a matter of changing the skin???

Sneeze

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Hildebrandt, I've managed to do exactly that by editing the skin XML files.
This thread got me on the right track. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_modification_suggestion-t1409.html?t=1409

On something slightly different, I'm having a problem in relation to video performance in the thumbnail window. It seems that when I have thumbnail images displaying beside each video file this causes some staggering in the video playback down in the bottom left corner.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Sneeze

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
I just realised what was causing my video performance issues with the video while browsing the video list. My thumbnail files were each 500Kb+ and much larger than they needed to be. :rolleyes:

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Tried it - copy-pasted the content of the myvideo.xml listed in the link you stated - no luck - none of my videoclips were available... I'm using bluetwo 4:3

Am i missing something??? could you post your myvideo.xml (i assume you've modified the one in the link)??

Thx...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there a way to get higher res pictures in the FilmStrip view, it seems it doesnt look high res once you download it. The Poster view looks perfect, just the small one.

Im guessing its low res so it can navigate faster, but would be nice to override this for beefier cpu's.

Damien

giurly

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tried the way you explained above for the music cover art, but i didn't have succes. I dont' know where I made the mistake.

I've also tried adding manually in "thumbs/music/albums" folder the image of the cover art with name "artist-albumL.jpg" like MP does, but it didn't worked too, even after a music database reorganization, i don't understand why.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Latest SVN fixes all low res issues with filmstrip view as far as I know.

teoh

Portal Member
    May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I was just wondering if it's possible to stop my music from selecting cover art+info automatically and downloading it?

Like when you get several hits it let's you choose, but it somehow 10% of the time identifies my album as: "Bill Mccue - A' The Best"

Happened for my Michael Jackson album, aswell as Echoes,Silence,Patience & Grace by Foo Fighters.

Only option I've seen is to completely shut the download option off...

Would'nt be a problem if I easily could remove the cover art, but it somehow sticks and won't go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom