Thumbnails (1 Viewer)

amigaice

Portal Member
December 10, 2004
I can't change the thumbnails for folders to work and is there an easier way to make Thumbnails for videos? Why can't MP use the ones XP makes??? Or maybe MB auto make thumbnails? Is this hard to do? I would also like it to not just pick the first frame as most are just a black screen.

Amigaice

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    we can't use them as we did not program it.
    And thumbs made from video usually suck and add nothing.
    You can use thumbs, simply call them folder.jpg for the folder you wanna have a thumb off.
    Or press F3 on a movie file to grab the picture from the internet.

it will automatically grab the thumbs from when you press scan.

I suggest you read the manual.

amigaice

Portal Member
    December 10, 2004
    Hey MrMario64,

Thanks for your reply! I love this program and I think you guys are doing a great job.

Now about the thumbnails...

we can't use them as we did not program it.

I was think a Autothumbnail feature would be nice. But have it so you would be able to choose which frame to grab in settings.

And thumbs made from video usually suck and add nothing.

I have to disagree, I spent a little time and grabbed some thumbnails with a free program. They turned out pretty good.

Snorks1.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAF...YyasDhQP*c/Snorks1.jpg?dc=4675501668391114238
    Small Icons

Snorks2.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAZ...vxa!iXy8gE/Snorks2.jpg?dc=4675501668412138899
    Big Icons

Snoks3.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAZ...xU3SbxXelBE/Snoks3.jpg?dc=4675501668371925279
    Slideshow view

Note: In this view you can only highlight the four Thumbnails show. The Arrows to go to the next set of thumbnails does not work. If I mess around too much in this view MP crashes.

I have a lot of video files I have doneloaded. There is on called Call For Help from the old TechTV that is not Aired in the US anymore. If would be nice to have these files like I said before Auto thumbnail.

You can use thumbs, simply call them folder.jpg for the folder you wanna have a thumb off.

This plannly just does not work. I have put a file called folder in ALL the folders and still no thumbnail

Or press F3 on a movie file to grab the picture from the internet.

This work! But I had a littl problem trying to get it to keep the right Thumbnail I chose. I found out you can't have any of the menu options highlight and you press the right mouse button and the change will take.

I suggest you read the manual.

This is the page I been trying to follow:

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/manual:myvideos?s=f3

Is this right??

Thanks Again for your help

God Bless
    Amigaice

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll check the folder.jpg tonight to see if it is broken currently.

For making movie thumbs it would be better if you can simply watch a movie and pressing a specific button creates a folder.jpg file or moviename.jpg file.

the wiki is currently being populated with stuff.
    We have a manual in our documentation section on out homepage., it's a pdf.

amigaice

Portal Member
    December 10, 2004
    For making movie thumbs it would be better if you can simply watch a movie and pressing a specific button creates a folder.jpg file or moviename.jpg file.

I agree that Proable would be the best way to do it

I'll check the folder.jpg tonight to see if it is broken currently.

Did you find out anything on this?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes, it does work.

Do mind that this is only for having a picture on the folder!
    Maybe nice to extend this to also give the movie itself this icon.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah called folder.jpg

So unfortunately the movies would then have to be in seperate folders... for now.
    It would be good if MP supported <videoname>.jpg - for non internet attached rigs... I think its being looked into

DMAN

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2004
    Germany
    if you want to use thumbs for your videos and all your files are in one folder call the thumb <videoname>.tbn. just use .tbn instead of .jpg. frodo posted this tip some time ago. it works!

the butcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom