Time offset in Xmltv (1 Viewer)

jojjal

Portal Pro
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, now that allmost everything works like a scharm in Tv3, then it is just one thing thats "bugging" me, and that is Xmltv´s 2 hours offset.

When i dowload xmltv data from tv_grab_se_swedb and then Tv3 imports it, then it have addet two hours in the show info. In the xml file I downloaded the time is just right for me but it stills adds two hours...

In tv3 there is an adjustment in time offset, but I dont seems to get it to work...

And I have change my onwn timezone for no good....

So now i really dont know what to do/test to come up with an solution. So if any one have a suggestion for my problem, feel free to guide me right...

//Johan

jojjal

Portal Pro
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Another question.

Is there a way to "flush" the epg data? so I can to a fresh start in my EPG/Xmltv laborations?

//Johan almost there (feels like it anyway..) with an good EPG....

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
i had the same problem, my solution was to delete the tvguide.xml and then change the offset in the configuration, and then do a new download of the tv data. it worked after alot of hours fiddling back and forth :(

isn't there a way to update the tv database without having to delete the xml ??

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
In the tv-server app, there is something called manual control or something like that. There is a button for "refresh EPG"

then set the offset to -2 hours or whatever in the xmltv plugin page.

Then open the tvguide.xml change something, like cut the first line and paste it back in. Then after a few minutes, mp will read the guide with the new offset.

(I believe MP checks the tvguide.xml every minute or so, when you make a change and save it, mp believes it's a new file, and starts to import it. But you have to delete the old data first with the refresh EPG button, because I don't think the import overwrite the current guide data)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the tv-server app, there is something called manual control or something like that. There is a button for "refresh EPG"

then set the offset to -2 hours or whatever in the xmltv plugin page.

Then open the tvguide.xml change something, like cut the first line and paste it back in. Then after a few minutes, mp will read the guide with the new offset.

(I believe MP checks the tvguide.xml every minute or so, when you make a change and save it, mp believes it's a new file, and starts to import it. But you have to delete the old data first with the refresh EPG button, because I don't think the import overwrite the current guide data)

Must admit this aspect of the TVe3 seems just so "illogical" and so many steps for what should be a simple task.

It seems the refresh EPG doesnt actuallly do that, it just deletes the data out of the database. SO you end up with no data. Then you have to manually edit the XML file to trick the TVe3 into re-importing the data. Would be real nice to have it so that if yoiu refresh the EPG, it knows there is no data in the database, and thereis a valid XML file so grab it all again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom