MP2 - V2.1 Time slider appears when mouse moved but not for remote control commands (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp

Portal Member
August 23, 2015
Leicester
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Love the new MP2.1 Pre2. I've actually switched from MP1!

The time slider doesn't appear for remote control commands, "play", "pause", "rewind", "fast forward", "skip forward", "skip back" etc. when watching live or recorded TV. It appears fine if I move the mouse. It also appears if I press "Info" on the remote.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Love the new MP2.1 Pre2. I've actually switched from MP1!

The time slider doesn't appear for remote control commands, "play", "pause", "rewind", "fast forward", "skip forward", "skip back" etc. when watching live or recorded TV. It appears fine if I move the mouse. It also appears if I press "Info" on the remote.
    This is the intended behavior. With mouse you need to see the buttons to click them. If you press for example Stop on your remote, there is no need to see the control buttons. To see the progress you can press info as you mentioned.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was just about to write the same :)

@mikeyp , one thing that we often encounter is that MP1 users expect to find exact the same features and functionalities. Nothing is engraved in marble but our intention is not necessarily to reproduce MP1. Nonetheless we are open to suggestions, but these should be made in the respective section.

mikeyp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2015
    Leicester
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Fair enough. Thank you both. I thought this was unintended behaviour as it's something that most players do, not just MP1. It's most handy when fast forwarding.I shall post in suggestions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom