Time zones in xmltv (1 Viewer)

mj_wood

November 6, 2005
Brussels
Is this change included in RC2?
The time zone offset in the EPG was working fine in the CVS version that I downloaded pre-RC2, but I've just upgraded to RC2 and the problem seems to be back.

Thanks for your help

billd

Portal Member
December 9, 2004
Hong Kong
Conversion to any other timezone is supported in 1.0085

billd said:
... The present TVxb release can't help with this problem. It can change the timezone of program data it scrapes itself. However it cannot change the timezone for data imported from an external sources. ... I have been thinking about parsing and modifying the imported data - however there are several other requests ahead in the queue at this time.

Just for the record, and it looks like you have the solution with WebEPG anyway, the latest TVxb release 1.0085 can convert all timezones in an imported xmltv file to any other timezome. (Use the xmltimezone=+0100, xmltimezone=UTC,... etc. item)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi mj_wood,

Try a new CVS. I fixed a small bug in the timezone system a few days ago.

Feedback greatly welcome. I was not sure anyone was using the timezone feature. Most people grab from a site in their own timezone.

WebEPG should work with summer and winter time changes too.

Cheers,

/James

kantjer

January 29, 2006
    Hi James,

I have also been looking for a way to merge xml files from 2 different time zones.

WebEPG sounds like the solution, and i have been trying it out.
    I downloaded the 02-02-2006--01-01 cvs and did a test run with the following channels:

Dutch channels
    Ned1, Ned2 and Ned3

UK channels
    BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and BBC4

I'm getting the UK channels in UTC and the Dutch channels in CET.
    What am I doing something wrong ?

I'm getting this in error.log maybe that can help you figuring out what happens.

2-2-2006 15:48:55 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such table: tblPrograms query:drop table tblPrograms
    2-2-2006 15:49:02 WebEPG: TimeZone Not valid

Thanks
    kantjer

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2005
    James said:
    Feedback greatly welcome. I was not sure anyone was using the timezone feature. Most people grab from a site in their own timezone.

WebEPG should work with summer and winter time changes too.

I'm using the latest version of WebEPG,and MP RC2 CVS 23-01-06 to grab the Australian Foxtel and FTA channels from http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/ or Minnie for short.

Everything is working fine except that the data that is being returned is +16 hours from me. I can simply add -16.00 in the adjust timezone properties of MP, but I thought it might be better to know why this is happening.

I am actually in GMT+8 the FTA files I am grabbing are GMT+8 but the Foxtel cable files I am grabbing would be GMT+11 at the moment, taking daylight saving into account. So I am all a little confused why I am getting everything at +16 hours from me :shock:

I built my WebEPG.xml file from hand so this is probably why I am getting the problem. I assume there is some timezone XML code that I have probably left out?

Can somebody tell me what the timezone xml entries for WebEPG are (if any) and what they do etc? Or is it all supposed to be done automatically from within WebEPG.exe ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom