MP2 - V2.4 Timer recording of overrunning programmes (1 Viewer)

Remote Possibility

Portal Member
March 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm using MP 2.4 and wonder if the TV Server is capable of recognising that the programme currently being recorded is overrunning, and extending the recording end time automatically? The hardware TV recorders I've used appear to start and stop recordings in response to start and end signals from the broadcaster, but MP/TVS seems not to do this.

The specific example prompting this question is that I set a timer for Paul McCartney at Glastonbury, but he kept on playing for an extra 10 minutes and the timer had been set with only 5 minutes padding at the end so was cut off prematurely. Lesson learned!

The counterpoint to this would be to delay the start of a recording due to the programme before it overrunning (live sport on the BBC being the worst offender).

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using MP 2.4 and wonder if the TV Server is capable of recognising that the programme currently being recorded is overrunning, and extending the recording end time automatically?
    MP's "TV Server" component does not support this capability ("accurate recording"). This applies both to MP1 and MP2. :(

MP2 is currently in the process of incorporating a second TV Server into the product, namely "TV Mosaic". I don't know whether TV Mosaic supports this capability, but as I understand it TV Mosaic is anyway not yet ready for general use.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom