[confirm] timeshift buffer doesn't reset on channel change (1 Viewer)

robcarter

Portal Pro
February 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
hi

checked windows mce it just records from the last channel change, which is the more logical i think

rob

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same behaviour over here. I cannot zap into a different channel anymore. well, I can but it always starts playing from the beginning of the timeshift buffer... Don't know when this problem started though; maybe since experimenting with autocropping and IFC. I'l have a look..

UPDATE! I managed to get rid of the problem! First I tried disabling all the plugins I had installed last week (IFC and onlinevideos). This didn't cure the problem. After that I reconfigured the timeshift folders. I had one folder for all cards and made all cards use a different folder. I started Mediaportal and the problem was gone!!

So, I tried setting up de same folder again for all cards and... the problem did not come back!?

If it happens again I will produce some logs, try to get rid of the problem and produce some logs again. For now.. the wife and kids are happy! :oops:

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi

checked windows mce it just records from the last channel change, which is the more logical i think

rob

think a little bit about it, maybe having the buffer of last channel is more logical (even my dvb-t box does that). but why have just the buffer of las channel??? maybe you want to check out something you watch or missed before.

i cant understand the deal when having MORE. i could understand the opposite of this thread when someone asks for the buffer of previous channels.

at the end of the day, their is no harm in having that buffer there. is it? yeah, you can RW too much and end up in a previous channel but cant think of that as a big deal, not as how i use the zapping and the timeshift.

btw, no chances of changing this i guess so just adapt to how it works now. :sorry:

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same behaviour over here. I cannot zap into a different channel anymore. well, I can but it always starts playing from the beginning of the timeshift buffer... Don't know when this problem started though; maybe since experimenting with autocropping and IFC. I'l have a look..

UPDATE! I managed to get rid of the problem! First I tried disabling all the plugins I had installed last week (IFC and onlinevideos). This didn't cure the problem. After that I reconfigured the timeshift folders. I had one folder for all cards and made all cards use a different folder. I started Mediaportal and the problem was gone!!

So, I tried setting up de same folder again for all cards and... the problem did not come back!?

If it happens again I will produce some logs, try to get rid of the problem and produce some logs again. For now.. the wife and kids are happy! :oops:

The problem comes and goes for me - once it happens nothing will shift it but a reboot....I think I have tried tvserver restarts but not 100% sure

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Problem was back againg yesterday. Probably after I had to quit MP with CTRL-ALT-DELETE. MP was opening a network directory while the machine which contains the directory was too busy doing something else. It took ages so I cosed MP with CTRL-ALT-DELETE and END PROCESS. Then started MP again and the problem was back. Zapping to another channel works, but the timeshift buffer plays from the beginning again.

I closed MP, changed the timeshiftdirectories again and the problem was gone.

martijnr17

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a multiseat configuration and did a fresh install from 1.0.2 to 1.1 rc3.
    After this i have the same problem, on a changel change the time buffer goes to the beginning of the file instead of going futher.

Also changed the timeshift folders for different cards but the problems stays.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I recently found out that changing my tuner priorities in tv setup fixed channel changes dramaticly. I believe that since i changed priorities the problem with the timeshift buffer is also gone. I changed the order in tv setup to give all priority to the tv cards and set iptv and streaming to low priority. This made channel changing also A LOT faster.

martijnr17

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In an other thread i've found something about unc paths with that the problem is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom