Timeshift file location (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm running MPRC1 with SVN 15497 and was just wondering where the file is stored when you use the timeshift function?

I noticed in the TV card setup you can specify where to put your recordings. Is it possible to say where to store the timeshift file also?

I just want to make sure that if I use this function, there will be enough space on the drive where it is created.

Thanks.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed in the TV card setup you can specify where to put your recordings. Is it possible to say where to store the timeshift file also?

The timeshift buffer goes into the same folder as you have assigned for TV recordings - under a subfolder of "card1", "card2", etc (if you have more than one TV card).

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The timeshift buffer goes into the same folder as you have assigned for TV recordings - under a subfolder of "card1", "card2", etc (if you have more than one TV card).

Thanks Taipan. I thought that may have been the case and kept an eye on the folder, but a large file didn't seem to appear there when using timeshift. It worked though, so that's the main thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom