MP2 - V2.4.1 Timeshift GUI and usability like MP1 possible? (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hello,
after round about a decade of using MP1 I decided to test the so far most current version of MP2.
Overall I like it very much!!!

But what I'm missing a lot is the GUI behaviour, when pushing left or right, that showed up the Timeshift progress bar. That was especially usefull when using comskip with colored comercial blocks in the progressbar as you could see where comercials ar and how far you skipped back and forth.

So my question, is there a posibility to activate that again, somehow?

I couldn't find anything in the GUI-Setup of MP2.
I also checked it on all skins that are implemented in the basic installation of MP2, unfortnately theres no option for that.
I also found out that pushing "info" makes an additional bar visible, but the behaviour is totally different to the "classic" timeshift bar and usability and not what I'm searching for.

Thanks in advance and regards
Are2

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    after round about a decade of using MP1 I decided to test the so far most current version of MP2.
    Overall I like it very much!!!

But what I'm missing a lot is the GUI behaviour, when pushing left or right, that showed up the Timeshift progress bar. That was especially usefull when using comskip with colored comercial blocks in the progressbar as you could see where comercials ar and how far you skipped back and forth.

So my question, is there a posibility to activate that again, somehow?

I couldn't find anything in the GUI-Setup of MP2.
    I also checked it on all skins that are implemented in the basic installation of MP2, unfortnately theres no option for that.
    I also found out that pushing "info" makes an additional bar visible, but the behaviour is totally different to the "classic" timeshift bar and usability and not what I'm searching for.

Thanks in advance and regards
    Are2
    Hi,

MP2 is not based on MP1. I'm not even knowing most behaviours of MP1 ;) It's long time ago I tried it and I didn't get warm with MP1.
    The progress bar is part of the OSD, which is opened with (info button/right mouse/menu key) as you already realized.

If you are looking for a possibility to see the progress bar without the OSD, this is definitely not possible and honestly I wouldn't also see a benefit in it.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

MP2 is not based on MP1. I'm not even knowing most behaviours of MP1 ;) It's long time ago I tried it and I didn't get warm with MP1.
    The progress bar is part of the OSD, which is opened with (info button/right mouse/menu key) as you already realized.

If you are looking for a possibility to see the progress bar without the OSD, this is definitely not possible and honestly I wouldn't also see a benefit in it.
    Hi,

actually I' looking for something like on the attached Screenshot (MP1 timeshift example).
    In that case I just pushed the arrow key (left) btn on my remote in MP1. Then I get an OSD with the current time-bar and additonal infos.

I think the "info" OSD of MP2 is somehow what I'm looking for, but I would like to not have to push the info btn additionaly afterwads I have timeshifted just to see on which position in time I've landed.

Maybe there is a way to get the current MP2 info screen show up simultaneously, when I use the left right arrow keys for timeshifting, so I can see where I'm in time on the progressbar? Right now in MP2, when I use timeshift, I get only an osd with only the skip ammount. For lower skip ammounts... it's ok... but when you make bigger jumps... you get lost in time ;)

Btw: Yes, I use timeshift a lot and even with bigger skips back and forth. I like it very much and think it's designed perfectly regarding usability in MP1 :D

Regards

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
      Desktop.jpg
      407.7 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe there is a way to get the current MP2 info screen show up simultaneously, when I use the left right arrow keys for timeshifting, so I can see where I'm in time on the progressbar?
    That's not possible. Timeshift and skipsteps are blocked, when the OSD is visible, because the arrow buttons are reserved to navigate through the OSD. It must be possible ro reach all buttons. I could imagine only to have "another light OSD", which focuses on the progressbar only.

Right now in MP2, when I use timeshift, I get only an osd with only the skip ammount. For lower skip ammounts... it's ok... but when you make bigger jumps... you get lost in time ;)
    I'm not using Live-TV, so never tried time shifting. I just tried it and it was not possible here. Does it really work for you? I'm using IPTV, maybe that's a difference. Also I think MP2 could not show the shifted time by another color. @morpheus_xx could answer it, but the chance he will respond is not so high.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    That's not possible. Timeshift and skipsteps are blocked, when the OSD is visible, because the arrow buttons are reserved to navigate through the OSD. It must be possible ro reach all buttons. I could imagine only to have "another light OSD", which focuses on the progressbar only.
    Oh, ok. I see.
    I'm not using Live-TV, so never tried time shifting. I just tried it and it was not possible here. Does it really work for you? I'm using IPTV, maybe that's a difference. Also I think MP2 could not show the shifted time by another color. @morpheus_xx could answer it, but the chance he will respond is not so high.
    I'm not using IPTV so can't tell anything about it, but I use LiveTV and with that Timeshift is working flawless :)

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Oh, ok. I see.
    I'm not using IPTV so can't tell anything about it, but I use LiveTV and with that Timeshift is working flawless :)

Nevertheless, big Thanks for asking :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, ok. I see.

Nevertheless, big Thanks for asking :)
    Do you see the shifted time by another color as in your MP1 screenshot? If yes, could you post a screenshot?

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi, just checked it and unfortunately not.

I just see the bare Timeline in the Info OSD.

The screenshot attached shows a state, where I already used timeshift (-1min) and as you can see, no visual informations about that at all. I don't even see, with this kind of progress bar, where I'm in time in this case.

Jumping back more frequently and further back in time would be very irritating in not knowing where I am.

OT: Sounds a bit like Doc Brown confused, from Back2TheFuture ;D

Attachments

• MP2_LiveTV_GUI.png
      MP2_LiveTV_GUI.png
      1.2 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Ok, I would have also wondered, if we saw another color for the shofted time, because I'm the designer and should remember it ;)
    If I could get the actual shifted time as a +/- value I could create a timeshift OSD I think. I already tagged the correct developer, without his response and statement I can not do much unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom