Timeshifting buffer option when changing channels (1 Viewer)

McChots

Portal Pro
August 2, 2006
Johannesburg
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi

I know this was well discussed in the past whether it is a good idea to have or not.

Would implementing an option in configuration that allows you to choose whether the timeshift buffer gets deleted or not be a difficult change.

Previous versions did not clear the buffer and just carried on timeshifting with the new channel.

It's annoying when while watching a timeshifted program and hitting channel up/down by mistake.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Oh yeah I'd love that option, Seperate timshift buffer for each channel would be sweet. I have tuns of hd space! Mind you down here in New Zealand I only have like 12 (FTA) channels! But yeah any feature that helps with the accidential changing the channels and then realising that you were like 20mins behind in time and you've lost it all!!! ggrrr ;-)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New TVServer doesn't clear timeshiftbuffer when changing channels.:)

Would like to see this in standart TV-Modul, too, but I don't think, that this will come back again.:(

Regards
    Ralph

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For reasons that I never fully understood, this was classified as a bug. So now Media Portal drops the buffer when you change the channel. I wouldn't hold my breath on the TV Server keeping this feature.

As a work-around, when you're watching something you're interested, record it. This way it's not possible to change the channel, unless you have two TV tuners. That's what I do now.

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi all, this is a copy from my post: (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=104761#post104761)

"While I was testing SageTV I noticed that when I switch between cards, the buffer doesn’t get deleted. And also when I restart the computer after SageTV crashes (it crashed so many times v6) I can still watch the old buffer.

I did notice on this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13828&highlight=timeshift that the new TVengine will not delete the buffer when changing channels, but I think it will still clear it when changing between cards or when computer restart.

At the moment I have two cards in system and both connected using av jacks, no tv tuners, so I switch between cards a lot."

riadmelb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom