[confirm] Timeshifting files not being deleted, causing TV to stop working (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Nope, restarting didn't help.

After starting one channel successfully, subsequent attempts resulted in first the "No Video/Audio detected" (for BBC1 which I never have any trouble receiving) and then just locking up (for BBC2 which again I never have any problems with).

I think a reboot is in order as I have uninstalled some codecs, but none that were being used.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Oh well, looks like something's up with my aerial as testing with TV Server config shows that I can't start timeshifting on the BBC channels and a couple of others.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I'm now using the new files provided by Marvman in this thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...6/problem-timeshift-ramdisk-78265/index4.html

I should mention that my aerial appears to be fine now and I've had no problems receiving any channels for the last few days.

I was just watching CH4+1 and it froze. Rewinding 15 seconds made it play up to the freeze point and then stop again. I stopped it completely and started BBC1 which worked fine. Trying to start CH4+1 again I just got a "No Signal" error.

I noticed that CH4+1 had been using a set of TS files which were not deleted when I stopped it or when I started BBC1, which created a separate set of files.

Leaving MP loaded, I started TV Server config and tried to start CH4+1, which again gave the "No Signal" error as did More4. After a few tries it worked again and at this point I noticed that the old set of TS files associated with CH4+1 had been deleted, so I suspect the reason it stopped working may be something to do with the timeshifting files rather than an actual loss of signal.

I then went back to MP and started CH4+1 again without any problem.

Incidentally, I notice that the TSReader.log seems to get reset/cleared whenever LiveTV is stopped, which would seem to lose some potentially useful information about a problem that occured before stopping it. Wouldn't it be an idea to change this, or at least create a TSReader.bak to keep such informaton?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
My suspicions have been confirmed as CH4+1 just froze again. I immediately stopped it and tried to restart it and got the "No Signal" error. I then manually deleted all the TS files and it started fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom