[confirm] Timeshifting files not being deleted, causing TV to stop working (1 Viewer)

sover

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Any progress on this issue? I still have messages like "can't play live-2.0.ts.tsbuffer".

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think it would be good to split this thread. 1 for timeshift buffers remaining (this one) and a new one for tsreader crashing explorer. Who can do this?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was under the impression the cause was related to each other?

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

The only relation i see is that the crash it happens on the files that remain. But i think the crash is a bug in it self, it is only triggered by this problem. So yes it is related, but i think it will be more clear to have 2 threads.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

The only relation i see is that the crash it happens on the files that remain. But i think the crash is a bug in it self, it is only triggered by this problem. So yes it is related, but i think it will be more clear to have 2 threads.

Sounds good to me. :D

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Here's the logs from an occasion where the problem occurred on my (single-seat) system.

I was recording two programmes both starting at 22:00 and watching one of them. At approx 22:03, the picture froze and the audio stopped. MP remained responsive and I was able to stop and restart watching the programme live and it's currently still playing.

The errors can be seen in the TsWriter log at 22:03. MP is currently using Live2-5 files and there are four orphaned live2-0 files totalling 114MB on my RAMdisk.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I just stopped and restarted MP.

On starting LiveTV, it created live2-6 files, leaving the previously orphaned 114MB live2-0 files and an additional 43MB of live2-5 files. After a couple of minutes, the picture froze and audio stopped again.

On stopping LiveTV and trying to restart it, I got the "Not enough free disk space" error and now there are also 38MB of live2-6 files left on the RAMdisk.

I'm going to manually delete the orphaned files now to get things working.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
After manually deleting the orphaned files, I was able to start LiveTV, which created Live2-0 files.

I then stopped it and tried to start another channel and after a long wait got a "Unable to play: live3-0.ts.tsbuffer" error. I can see that the Live2-0 files have been deleted from the RAMdisk and Live3-0 files have been created, so I don't know what that's about.

Also, MP is now not working properly and taking ages to switch between GUI screens, even though LiveTV is stopped.

I'll try restarting MP again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom