Timeshifting on causes stuttering when zapping (1 Viewer)

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Skedsmokorset
Home Country
Norway Norway
If I enable timeshifting, the TV will stutter like crazy everytime I change channel. This goes for both picture and sound.
It is just like the buffer aint big enough, cause if I pause the stream for a second or two then everything runs smooth.
Sometimes the stuttering reappears after a while and I will have to hit "pause" again to be able to watch TV.

I've checked CPU load when zapping and it is about 30%.
Did a little research yesterday and found out that VMR9 is utilizing the GPU to handle the stream. I have no idea how to check GPU load, any one got a tip?

My main question is: Is my videocard able to handle the job?
I got PowerColor Radeon X600 PRO - 128MB (PCI Express)

Sorry for not filling out the support template or posting any logs.
Lets just get the videocard question out of the way first and I will post logs as needed.
It would help if someone tells me wich logs I need to post for this issue.
VMR9.log, Mediaportal.log, Capture.log...??

Corwin

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Have you tried to set the PCILatency of the graphics card to a lower value (often is set to 255, set it to 64 instead)? This only applies to PCI and AGP cards, not PCI-Express.

Ciao,
Corwin

Kulle

Portal Member
February 9, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hmm, nope I have not tried that. I do not even know what it means ;)

But I found a small guide from Frodo, I will try this when i come home.

My Graphics card is built in (it's a Shuttle ST62k), so i don't know if it will work - but I will definately give it a try!

Autoper

Portal Pro
January 24, 2005
Stavanger, Norway
I have the same problem on my system using a Radeon 9550 card, PCI Latency set to 64.
And when I'm running in no-timeshift mode, after some time the A/V gets out of sync.
Have tried lots of different codecs but it didn't help for any of the problems.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom