Tip for download status in Update Info for all involved persons (IMDb) (1 Viewer)

Harald63

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If you f.ex. choose to download info for all persons in your movie database, there is no download status in MediaPortal.

Ressource Monitor is a strong tool in Windows 7 and 8 and if you choose the Disk tab, you can see the actual download progress under Disk Activity for MsMpEng.exe and MediaPortal.exe, where the name of the actual downloaded person is displayed.

Just a tip.....:whistle::)

Harald63

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi catalpa, you have to go into the Persons view as a list view. where all the persons are listed (not actors view) and right click and choose Download info for all persons and then it starts to download in alphabetical order. You may not leave this persons list view, or the process is stopped. I can see, that this process takes several days with 133,000 persons in the database, it has now reached to persons starting with D. So you may plan the download to a time, where you can do without going into MediaPortal for days :)

catalpa

Portal Pro
May 9, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have tried that only in actors view before. Its to tricky i think...

WTF...133.000? I have 7.600 :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Might be worth adding a feature request for downloading all person images/info? If that is something a lot of users want/ need there may be a better way to handle that, or to download the images/info in the background.

I know you can Enable Load Person Images in AMC Updater > Database Fields Tab (after Fanart Handling options) and even select the resolution of images. But I'm not sure how to use AMCU Update Movies to add them for all your existing movies. And that doesn't grab the info - it only saves the images to the person images path set in Artwork Setup.

IIRC the issue is that MyFilms currently stores persons info in the MP Videos database. However I don't know if you can use Videos Config to grab all the persons info. Maybe @Guzzi can clarify that? If there is a way, I can document it in the MyFilms Wiki!

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, I would be happy, if person images and info could be downloaded in the background and if this background process could show a progress info, it would be even more perfect.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Currently, the best you can do is to enable the automatic download - which will load info/images once the respective persons are displayed/listed.
    Further, it'll download person info in baclkground, when you go to details view (and depending on skin also shows progress about that queue).
    What we could add is an automatic queue, that loads info for all persons whenever there is idle time - I didn't do that, because it is too much for most ppl and current automatisms should provide a good compromise. Loading info for 250.000 ppl will take ages - not sure, if that really makes sense...

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks Guzzi for your answer.

About the background download, when you are in details view, the process is stopped, when you leave that movie. Would it be stupid/impossible to finish the job for that movie?

It would be great, if you could use AMCU to update these persons. Actually I don't know if there allready is a way to do it, not only for new movies, but for existing movies in the database.

Right now I just finished download info for 133.000 persons in my database. It took 9 days because of a power breakdown, when I reached to M. The rest I downloaded semiautomatic for one starting letter at a time. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Right now I just finished download info for 133.000 persons in my database. It took 9 days because of a power breakdown, when I reached to M. The rest I downloaded semiautomatic for one starting letter at a time.
    Make sure you backup your MP videos db if you want to keep the 'info'. ;) (Images should be OK as they are saved in your person images folder).

BTW have you tried using the Updates > Get Internet Info (selected person), then select IMDB (person) grabber. If not you could test and confirm it is not grabbing everything? I just 'fixed' it a couple weeks ago but when I check in Grabber Editor it looks like IMDb changed persons pages format, again... SIGH!

Update Info for all involved persons (IMDb) still works for me, @Guzzi - does that use a different process/grabber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom