Titan - Extended (2 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ran the editor and now I have this when starting MePo..?

17-13-45.png

moving off to the left I get this..

17-13-48.png

Am I doing something stupid? I'm still using MePo 1.5 btw but extensions installer showed an update for Extended so I just let it update. Was fine until I opened the editor, didn't really see what was changed or what the update has added, so just closed the editor and fired MePo back up. Now I have this issue.

Thanks

Edit: Rolled back extended to the previous release and everything is ok again. Is this new version dependant on MePo 1.6 because the extension installer allowed it to update without complaining on 1.5.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks for the sarcasim BassFan, very helpful indeed - I'm perfectly capable of reading.

I didn't even see that there had been an update here. I simply opened Extensions installer and checked for any available updates and applied all those that it suggested. It was only then when I realised MePo had broken that I came to the forum here.
    Isn't Extension installer version aware? ie. should it not offer up updates that are not applicable to the current installed version?? I thought it did, must of been mistaken.

Thanks

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    MPEI shows Titan Extended 1.6 as compatible for MP 1.4.0 and also probably for MP 1.5.0.

If MP Extended 1.6 is only compatible with MP 1.6 then something is wrong.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the sarcasim BassFan, very helpful indeed - I'm perfectly capable of reading.
    I'm sure he didn't meant that as sarcasism, read his signature. ;)
    Besides that you guys are writing about 'MP Extended' which is a different plugin then Titan Extended, so that's probably were the confusion comes from.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yes probably, annoyed me when I read it and I bit, sorry.

Just to be clear, although I never mentioned MP Extended, I was actually referring to Titan Extended as you say. So should Extension Installer be smart enough to not apply updates that are incompatible with the current installed MePo version? Seems to indicate here it should so might be worth changing the published MPEI so that no one else stumbles across the update accidentally :) Looking forward to trying out the new Titan version once DJBlu works his voodoo magic on his data grabber and I can upgrade to MePo 1.6!! thanks for the update, especially over the xmas period :)

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So should Extension Installer be smart enough to not apply updates that are incompatible with the current installed MePo version?
    It IS that smart, but the correct info needs to be filled in. ;)
    As seco mentioned above, we'll have to wait for the Titan Team to respond to the compatibility question.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Back to the topic.. So as I'm unable to update right now to test it out, am I correct in reading that this update now adds the functionality to modify the tiles in both Classic and Basic home from within the editor now? or am I getting excited for nothing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom