GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Brudertac,

Thanks for that, I do now remember changing it as I wanted it formatted differently, but had not thought about how it would mess up other languages. I will put it back to 914 for future updates. Thanks for the heads up.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using 2.0.0 Dark Cherry.. Enter Settings in MediaPortal, Change GUI, Select "More Settings", Change "Backgound Image Style" from Animated to Stationary.

This Works, but the Setting will not be saved.

Oh, and one more Question :) Is there a way to get Fanart from MovingPictures for the TV Section?

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Brudertac,

Not sure why it would not save the setting. It is working fine on mine. When you say it works fine, but doesn't save, do you mean the option changes in the settings screen but everything is still animated or do they stop animating and then start again when you restart MePo?

Can you check in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\SkinSettings.xml to make sure you have a line that says...

<entry name="#skin.basichome.background.style">stationary</entry>

That is the one set-up when you change the setting in the config screen. If it says animated instead, can you try changing it in the settings screen and then opening the file again and see if it changes. Only thing I can think is that either this file may have become read-only for some reason, or something else is resetting the file to the default (which won't have this setting in it at all)

As for fanart. Personally I downloaded a number of 1920x1080 backdrops for TV shows I record and put them in the manual TV fanart directory, usually C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\tv FanArt handler will then post these images as the fanart for the TV section. This way i have only TV programmes as fanart.

However if you want to use the Moving pictures backdrops for the TV Section, if you edit the BasicHome.FanartSelected.xml in the Pulse8 Dark Cherry directory you can change the lines.... (In the TV section of the file)

<texture>#fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop1.any</texture>
    <texture>#fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop2.any</texture>

into these (from the 'Movies' section of the file)

<texture>#fanarthandler.movingpicture.backdrop1.any</texture>
    <texture>#fanarthandler.movingpicture.backdrop2.any</texture>

This will now pull MovingPictures movie backdrops in as the fanart for the TV button. As well as the MovingPictures button.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for this very good explanation! :)

The section for Animated/Stationary was completely missing. I have inserted it and it works fine.

I saw the Moving Pictures Backdrops on TV the first time on the StreamedMP Skin and really liked it. Thats because i love to see this on Titan too.
    Changed it and perfect :)

Thanks again for your work and Merry Christmas!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Gary,

I just discovered your work and immediately installed it. Love it!

One queestion though, the 8 Buttons in Aqua blue are embedded into a large dark round-shaped Frame just like the screen shot in post #1. The Cherry theme doesn't have this frame. Is there a simple way to remove it in the Aqua theme?

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Gary,

I just discovered your work and immediately installed it. Love it!

One queestion though, the 8 Buttons in Aqua blue are embedded into a large dark round-shaped Frame just like the screen shot in post #1. The Cherry theme doesn't have this frame. Is there a simple way to remove it in the Aqua theme?

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer
    yes there is, in the options you can deselect it.

Settings, GUI, Skin, More Settings -> Hide button background panel

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next questions:

1. TV Series says "No items!" The database is there though and visible in the standard Titan skin
    2. more a general question. I have Hover backgrounds but no picture comes up for tv. Problem is there since quite some time

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Next questions:

1. TV Series says "No items!" The database is there though and visible in the standard Titan skin
    2. more a general question. I have Hover backgrounds but no picture comes up for tv. Problem is there since quite some time
    Try rebooting the HTPC, i've had this before too and now i have everything.. maybe a caching thinggy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom