Titanium Extended Theme Screensaver Question (2 Viewers)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is there any way to change the screensaver of the Titanium Extended Theme for the Blue Vision Skin from 'transparent black with clock' to completely black without clock? Just like MP1 Titan Extended Skin.

Cheers

Bue Max

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thanks. But when I want to have the same behaviour like MP1 'standby after 2 hours but screen blanking after 5 minutes' I can only go with the screensaver in MP2 or do it within Windows settings directly. I am just missing a 'black screensaver' that's all. I fear the white clock could burn in in the screen after two hours.

Cheers

Blue Max

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thanks. But when I want to have the same behaviour like MP1 'standby after 2 hours but screen blanking after 5 minutes' I can only go with the screensaver in MP2 or do it within Windows settings directly. I am just missing a 'black screensaver' that's all. I fear the white clock could burn in in the screen after two hours.

Cheers

Blue Max
    Locate this file, make a backup copy and remove the marked area.
    MediaPortal-2/ScreenSaver.xaml at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub

If you want it completely black, change E0 to FF here.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The white clock would as much burn in as any other static MP2 or Windows menu. So if your Windows screen blanks out after say 10 min for concern about burn-in, why would you want to leave a MP2 screen on for a longer time?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301, thanks that did the trick. Exactly the behaviour I wanted.

@HTPCSourcer, it is for my older LCD TV. My computer monitors are fine and I do not use the screensaver of Mp1 or MP2 there but on the LCD TV I notice 'shadows' when something white stays there for a while. Eventually it will go away after a certain time of use. Yesterday I installed MP2 on my main HTPC to try it out there. I have MP1 set up that it just shows a black screensaver screen after 5 minutes. That is a built in function of MP1 accessible via configuration. I do not need to do something in Windows energy settings. Windows itself does not blank the screen. If it would blank the screen then I would have a white bar with text on the screen that says 'videosignal is lost'. That is something we do not want either. We just want to have a black screen when MP is idle so nothing is 'catching the eye' when you stay in the living room without using the TV. It is our way to deal with this and certainly not everyone others way. It also has something to do with WAF :D

Cheers

Blue Max

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it is for my older LCD TV ... on the LCD TV I notice 'shadows' when something white stays there for a while.
    I get that too, on my older Toshiba LCD TV (dates from 2006). Thankfully, my current Sony TV (from 2015) does not exhibit this behaviour. :)

I too use MP1's blank screen saver, with a one-minute timeout. Certain settings on the Sony TV allow it to recognise a blank screen, and cause it to turn the LEDs off. This reduces wear-and tear, reduces power consumption by about 20 watts, and reduces my carbon footprint. For the Windows desktop, I use the "Aurora" screensaver with a five-minute timeout.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom