TO START THE TV IN A CONCRETE CHANNEL (1 Viewer)

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
August 11, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
On having started the TV always there begins in a concrete channel, which turns out to be a bit troublesome to the being a channel that I am not in the habit of seeing.

Is it possible to define a concrete channel in order that it is visualized whenever the TV is started?

Thank you very much

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
August 11, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
It should be the one you did watch the last time you turned TV off.

Certainly it is like that when I go out of MP and return without extinguishing the PC, but when I restart MP or the PC it returns always to this " damned channel ".

:(

Some another idea?

Thanks

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
August 11, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
It should be the one you did watch the last time you turned TV off.
It had been the desirable and logical thing, but at least in my case it is not fulfilled.
I have found the way of doing it, and it does not fail.
We go to ProgramData-Team MediaPortal - MediaPortal and edit MediaPortal.xml, once there we look for her - <section name = "mytv"> and at the end of everything in <entry name = "channel"> TVE 1 </entry> introduce the exact name of the channel in question as it let's have memorized.
Solved!

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tested it on 1.3RC and I can state is does NOT work on my setup - TV Server and Client are separate systems (so my set up does not mirror Topospeleo's from system specs).

I moved existing entry (so I was 100% certain of syntax) to bottom of section.

Ran MePo, opened TV, got expected channel, changed channel, closed MePo, rechecked the XML and the channel is over written, as per Stig's comment - sorry.

As channel is simply entry in Mediaportal.xml (and .bak file), I could easily script a change, but that would be outside of MePo and not in keeping with MePo mindset.

Possible solution : two entries exist:

"channel" (as is for current) and "default_channel" (for start up - defined in config TV section).

On start up "channel" value is set to "default_channel" - rest of code & logic would hopefully remain untouched (suspect it's way more problematic than that - looks simple != is simple:->

Personally, neutral on this one, not something I have a need for, only decided to look as something I could test easily and gave me reason to have a quick look at TV section of XML.

Cheers - JCMP

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Tested it on 1.3RC and I can state is does NOT work on my setup - TV Server and Client are separate systems (so my set up does not mirror Topospeleo's from system specs).

I moved existing entry (so I was 100% certain of syntax) to bottom of section.

Ran MePo, opened TV, got expected channel, changed channel, closed MePo, rechecked the XML and the channel is over written, as per Stig's comment - sorry.

As channel is simply entry in Mediaportal.xml (and .bak file), I could easily script a change, but that would be outside of MePo and not in keeping with MePo mindset.

Possible solution : two entries exist:

"channel" (as is for current) and "default_channel" (for start up - defined in config TV section).

On start up "channel" value is set to "default_channel" - rest of code & logic would hopefully remain untouched (suspect it's way more problematic than that - looks simple != is simple:->

Personally, neutral on this one, not something I have a need for, only decided to look as something I could test easily and gave me reason to have a quick look at TV section of XML.

Cheers - JCMP
    Hello JCMP, really my system is a singleseat, and probably it is what does that to it me me works and to you not, I do not know it, the question is that it does more than two months that I found my solution and since then it has not trumped me, this one is my personal experience.

Cheers

I have tested in 1.3.0 RC to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom