[TOOL] Sync Ratings and Watchlist to trakt.tv (IMDb, TMDb, TVDb, Listal, Criticker, Letterboxd) (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What do you mean by "proper watched date", I couldn't see watched date in the CSV, it only had release date in your example.

So in your test you should either see "released" as the date sent if you have enabled "Set watched date to release date" or UTC now which looks like what happened.

Marciton

January 31, 2018
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    you are correct, I just doubled checked the file... there is no watched date there.
    I've 2 small other question, is it correct that all the movies are in watched list on trakt.tv? even it purple watch check is not checked? I'm looking for the best way to managed my list of the movie I want to see :->

I also notice that there is few movies that are there and who are not in the list I imported (e.g. Dunkirk or Den of Thieves) ... any idea why? (this movies was not there before)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    is it correct that all the movies are in watched list on trakt.tv? even it purple watch check is not checked? I'm looking for the best way to managed my list of the movie I want to see :->

Im not entirely sure I understand the question but the purple checkmark indicates you have watched the item and not what you intend to watch it in the future. If you want to do that, then you need to add the item to your 'watchlist' (3rd or right hand side icon), when you do eventually watch the item in question then it will automatically be removed from your watchlist and added to your watched history. The concept of watchlist and watchedhistory can be a little confusing at first.

If the purple icon has not been set but it does say its watched on trakt, then it might be a web-browser cache issue.

I also notice that there is few movies that are there and who are not in the list I imported (e.g. Dunkirk or Den of Thieves) ... any idea why? (this movies was not there before)

The only thing I can suggest is to go to themoviedb.org for those two movies in question and confirm the ID, then search your import file to see if they have been mismatched from todomovies.

hdryf546

June 30, 2018
    Home Country
    Albania Albania
    Cheers Itfearme, is the app still being developed?
    Would it be possible to have a commandline switch or something for unattended sync?
    The idea is to setup windows task scheduler to run the app daily or weekly and forget about it.
    Are you interested in adding such feature?
    Thanks!

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I work on it here and there, I think I have a request for command line syncing but just haven't got around to scheduling in support for it. It's not that im against it, I think it would be useful for people that continue to use other sites but when I first created the tool it was more for a one off time use, to leave those other sites you're exporting from.

Out of curiousity what sites are you exporting from when using the tool, some of the providers may require a manual download first anyway and thus might not be suitable for command line sync.

Cheers,
    Damien

hdryf546

June 30, 2018
    Home Country
    Albania Albania
    It's IMDb / Trakt.
    It's needed because, for some reason, there is still no good phone app for Trakt.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New in v2.3.5:
    • Added support to export user data as CSV from trakt.tv including:
      • Watched History;
      • Collection;
      • Ratings;
      • Watchlist;
      • Custom Lists;
      • Comments;
      • Likes;
      • Paused Data.
    • Updated maintenance section to allow user to remove more user data from trakt.tv including:
      • Custom Lists;
      • Paused Data.

damienhaynes/TraktRater

jdbye

May 1, 2021
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This seems useful. I just discovered that Kodi has a "sort by my ratings" feature but how are you supposed to use it if you don't sync it with places like IMDB where you actually keep track of stuff and rate everything?
    Are there any good options for IMDB addons nowadays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom