[Tool] SyncMP (1 Viewer)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
To support you as good as possible we have finally now set up a IRC Chat. If you need urgently support you can join and ask us.

IRC CHAT:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #WolPowerManager

We look forward to seeing you there.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
I am totally lost by this whole thing. We need a step by step guide for dumb people like me. I have a simple setup, server that runs MP and 1 client and I have no idea how to set this up after reading this thread and the wiki. I have had a play around and so far no luck.

Does this look right? What are all the other options in the other tabs for. Sorry for sounding so dumb but I'm lost . . .

capturetkp.jpg

capture1ez.jpg

P.S. This will be excellent once I get it working :)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aaah. For moment I thought I had indeed found a solution for what you call a major flaw in MP. But after reading through the thread it seems not the case. The solution copies the flaw.

The server for this plugin has to run an MP client, so it cannot be my MP server (headless, only runs the TV service and does file sharing) it has to be one of the MP clients. :(

So either I have to install and run an MP client on the server (do not want to do that), or have to use one of the clients to act as server for this functionality, but then synchronization only works if that client is up (not a good thing).

I would expect to have a service running on the server, have one MP client be the master uploading the DB and have the other clients work as slaves downloading the DB from the server.

Any suggestions for a good solution for a dedicate server setup, would it be possible to make this work in the lines of what I described?

VdR

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Aaah. For moment I thought I had indeed found a solution for what you call a major flaw in MP. But after reading through the thread it seems not the case. The solution copies the flaw.

The server for this plugin has to run an MP client, so it cannot be my MP server (headless, only runs the TV service and does file sharing) it has to be one of the MP clients. :(

So either I have to install and run an MP client on the server (do not want to do that), or have to use one of the clients to act as server for this functionality, but then synchronization only works if that client is up (not a good thing).

I would expect to have a service running on the server, have one MP client be the master uploading the DB and have the other clients work as slaves downloading the DB from the server.

Any suggestions for a good solution for a dedicate server setup, would it be possible to make this work in the lines of what I described?

VdR
    Yeah, I am in the same boat. The current implementation of SyncMP would not be ideal for me (or for anyone else with a pure server - client setup in their homes).

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to get this right how this here works.

I have 2 Mediaportal Clients running 1.2beta and i want to keep the Movingpictures and My TVSeries Databases sync incl. the watched flags.
    So does it work in that way for example that PC1 puts its Database for example on my Fritzbox and if PC2 sees that this DB is newer it downloads it and the other way around?

Does the Program syncs the Database when womething was changed or do i have to do it manually?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Tool] SyncMP

Just to get this right how this here works.

I have 2 Mediaportal Clients running 1.2beta and i want to keep the Movingpictures and My TVSeries Databases sync incl. the watched flags.
    So does it work in that way for example that PC1 puts its Database for example on my Fritzbox and if PC2 sees that this DB is newer it downloads it and the other way around?

Does the Program syncs the Database when womething was changed or do i have to do it manually?

yes, that's the way it should work. But keep in mind that this tool hasn't been tested with version 1.2 Beta from us. As developer I would say the version of your mediaportal doesn't affect this tool. But if something in the movingpictures database construction has been changed it probably will not work.

Because of this, it's very important that you first do a backup of your db.

The Tool only syncs the dbs when somethin has been changed, otherwise nothing will happen. It's not really easy to install, but if you got it working it mostly works all the time, have a look at the documentation....

Good Luck!

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What you mean by "Not easy to install"?
    I mean i will try it in my sparetime, which isn't much.

Would there be any chance that this program could be extended to also synchronize the My Anime 2 database?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I said not easy to install because you have to install some external tools too. But everything should be described in the manual/documentation.

jojo and me decided to stop developing any further on this project, becuase we dont have enough time to host 2 projects (wol-powermanager & sync-mp) if you are interested to continue the development we are pleased to give you the source and some hints.

Greets seppi

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i thought the last Version worked without any extenal tools.
    I mean devcon (which i dont need because i dont do resume etc.) and sqlite are included in the last release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom