[Tool] SyncMP | Page 3

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by jojo1411, July 8, 2010.

1. seppi2204

seppi2204 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    To support you as good as possible we have finally now set up a IRC Chat. If you need urgently support you can join and ask us.

IRC CHAT:
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channel: #WolPowerManager

We look forward to seeing you there.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TranceManNZ

TranceManNZ Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I am totally lost by this whole thing. We need a step by step guide for dumb people like me. I have a simple setup, server that runs MP and 1 client and I have no idea how to set this up after reading this thread and the wiki. I have had a play around and so far no luck.

Does this look right? What are all the other options in the other tabs for. Sorry for sounding so dumb but I'm lost . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. This will be excellent once I get it working :)

4. VdR
    • Premium Supporter

VdR MP Donator

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Aaah. For moment I thought I had indeed found a solution for what you call a major flaw in MP. But after reading through the thread it seems not the case. The solution copies the flaw.

The server for this plugin has to run an MP client, so it cannot be my MP server (headless, only runs the TV service and does file sharing) it has to be one of the MP clients. :(

So either I have to install and run an MP client on the server (do not want to do that), or have to use one of the clients to act as server for this functionality, but then synchronization only works if that client is up (not a good thing).

I would expect to have a service running on the server, have one MP client be the master uploading the DB and have the other clients work as slaves downloading the DB from the server.

Any suggestions for a good solution for a dedicate server setup, would it be possible to make this work in the lines of what I described?

VdR

5. lulsam

lulsam Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
  6. Spooky
    • Premium Supporter

Spooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Yeah, I am in the same boat. The current implementation of SyncMP would not be ideal for me (or for anyone else with a pure server - client setup in their homes).

7. darkside40

darkside40 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Just to get this right how this here works.

I have 2 Mediaportal Clients running 1.2beta and i want to keep the Movingpictures and My TVSeries Databases sync incl. the watched flags.
    So does it work in that way for example that PC1 puts its Database for example on my Fritzbox and if PC2 sees that this DB is newer it downloads it and the other way around?

Does the Program syncs the Database when womething was changed or do i have to do it manually?

8. seppi2204

seppi2204 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: Re: [Tool] SyncMP

yes, that's the way it should work. But keep in mind that this tool hasn't been tested with version 1.2 Beta from us. As developer I would say the version of your mediaportal doesn't affect this tool. But if something in the movingpictures database construction has been changed it probably will not work.

Because of this, it's very important that you first do a backup of your db.

The Tool only syncs the dbs when somethin has been changed, otherwise nothing will happen. It's not really easy to install, but if you got it working it mostly works all the time, have a look at the documentation....

Good Luck!

9. darkside40

darkside40 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    What you mean by "Not easy to install"?
    I mean i will try it in my sparetime, which isn't much.

Would there be any chance that this program could be extended to also synchronize the My Anime 2 database?

10. seppi2204

seppi2204 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I said not easy to install because you have to install some external tools too. But everything should be described in the manual/documentation.

jojo and me decided to stop developing any further on this project, becuase we dont have enough time to host 2 projects (wol-powermanager & sync-mp) if you are interested to continue the development we are pleased to give you the source and some hints.

Greets seppi

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

11. darkside40

darkside40 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    i thought the last Version worked without any extenal tools.
    I mean devcon (which i dont need because i dont do resume etc.) and sqlite are included in the last release.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!