[Tool] SyncMP (1 Viewer)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Tool] SyncMP

i thought the last Version worked without any extenal tools.
I mean devcon (which i dont need because i dont do resume etc.) and sqlite are included in the last release.

okay^^, it's quite a long time ago since I've looked at this project. You're right, so maybe it isn't as difficult as i thought ;-)

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
I mean i think it works here, the only thing i saw that was not synchronized is the time whem you have paused a Epsiode or a movie. You know when MP ask's you "Should i resume the Movie at ..."

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Tool] SyncMP

I mean i think it works here, the only thing i saw that was not synchronized is the time whem you have paused a Epsiode or a movie. You know when MP ask's you "Should i resume the Movie at ..."

I just had a look into the db of movingpictures, unfortunately i couldn't find the information, which gives the "last-position-marker". Probably there has something changed since the last MovingPictures Version.
If you are interested in this you could ask one of the movingpictures developers where this information is stored in the db. If it's not in the db you can't get it with sync-mp.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just tried this tool out, but i have some questions :)

I have a Server with Single-Seat Installation (TV-Server and MP) --> Server 1 (Main)
    And another server with Mulit-Seat Installation (Only MP) -- Server 2

The master database is the Server 1.
    The local database is the Server 2.

The tool is installed on Server 2.

If i watch a series on Server 2 and "Suspend" or "Resume" it should sync the watched series (database) to the master database Server 1!
    Is this right or does it only check if Server 1 hase a newer database as Server 2?

Because sqlite.exe is in the folder i think the tool reads via SQL from master database to the Server 2 database and adds the entries or change it?
    Or does it only copy it from Server 1 to Server 2 vice versa?

Are the extra paths in the profiles only synced if the database is changed?

The profiles are thumbs, pictures - does the tool copy all folder underneath the path?

Does the tool checks on "Resume" AND on "Suspend" or why does there exists other settings?
    If i "Test" it with "Suspend" it does nothing.
    If i "Test" it with "Resume" he checks the database time/date.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello chrisonline,

nice to hear someone using this tool yet. Regarding your questions:

The Sync does only work in one way (Server->Client). So you won't get the watched flags from the client synced to your server. For me it was senseful that each client has it's own watched flags, therefore you could use the "configure" feature in the syncronisation tab of Sync-MP Client and uncheck the watched_flags. A possible solution for your problem could be to run the SyncClient on Server1 AND Server2 in parallel. The tool was not designed for this, but I think it's worth a try!

Yes, you're right assuming that the tool only syncs the entries of the selected databases. As mentioned above it was my target to keep the watched flags on each client.

If I remember right, it only syncs if there was a change on the db.

The kind of sync will be defined in your Syncback profile, just have a look at the options of each profile.

Normally this should work for Resume and Suspend. What OS do you use? On my 3 clients (Win7 Professional) it worked fine.

For some questions a look in our Wiki could help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom