Topbar conflicts with Large Skip on D-Pad up (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
When watching a video/DVD/TV and pressing D-pad up to do a large forward skip (10m), it does skip forward but also opens the topbar, which is annoying and just shouldn't happen as it then prevents you from doing any further large skips. Demonstrated in the logs around 13:39-13:40.
I only have topbar enabled as there's no Action available to assign a remote button to open a Shutdown menu with Standby, Shutdown, Reboot, Exit on it, so I need topbar to access these options, so if such an Action was added I could disable topbar, which might be the easiest solution.

Steps to Reproduce:
Press up on D-pad to do a large skip forward whilst watching media.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    press home then press down. gives shutdown menu. same number of keys as via topmenu. top menu is for remoteless nubs. :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Maybe that works on some skins but it doesn't seem to with PVHD1080, which is what I use (I presume by "press home" you meant go to the Home screen as obviously my remote doesn't have a Home key but I did try pressing the keyboard Home key just in case).

If there was a "Shutdown Menu" Action we could assing a remote button to (i.e. the power button) it would be usable with all skins.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    In PVHD skins a simple click on left in Home or BasicHome shows the "fast exit" buttons ;)

Doesn't seem to work with Modern UI though as it just cycles from the left-most icon (TV) to the right-most one (Settings) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom