Totally confused, no programs imported (1 Viewer)

Goldmember

Portal Member
June 3, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't understand if WebEPG needs XMLTV and/or Power Scheduler and if yes, how they work together.

- I have XML TV working, but unstable. It does download the external xml file from the web under the tab Remote but not always. I think my PC doesn't always wake up.
- The import under the General tab of XML TV doesn't always run automatically. As I'm writing this, the xml was downloaded from the web ust ago by my schedule but the last import ran 3 days ago. The guide is not updated when I look in MP.
- I think I need Power Scheduler but I don't know what actions on the EPG that does under the EPG tab. Does it execute my XML TV or my Web EPG settings?
- Web EPG doesn't import programs but it does seem to import channels. I have set the mappings and since then, it says it imports 32 channels while before mapping it didn't. My conclusion is that the mapping is correct. But no programs are imported. The help on wiki says to check if C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\TVGuide.xml exists and it does. This file was changed at the same time the xml file was downloaded from the web, while neither XML tv nor WebEPG imported any programs. My tv guide isn't updated either.
- When I press the Force import button under General in XML TV, the program freezes for a few minutes and after that my EPG is updated within MP. But the Import status report still says the last import run was 3 days ago. The date didn't change. Also not after exiting and restarting TV server configuration. The TVGuide.XML on my system didn't change either. It remains on the same date/time as the download of the web xml happened.

So I'm totally confused where to trouble shoot. Can't get my head around what this does or should do.

Goldmember

Portal Member
June 3, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
ok, i've managed to get xmltv working again by creating an empty xmltv.lst in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv. It was missing.

Still, when i press grab now in the webepg plugin, it says Total channels imported: 32, Total programs imported: 0.

UPDATE
Both sources in the Netherlands seem not to work. TV.log says:

2012-08-22 22:16:22.143549 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: Reading http://www.tvgids.nl/zoeken/?q=&d=0&z=1&t=0&g=&v=0 POST: - Delay: 500ms
2012-08-22 22:16:22.945594 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: HTMLPage: GetInternal encoding: iso-8859-1
2012-08-22 22:16:22.949595 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: No Listings Found
If you enter the url, it says nothing found. Change to the other source and try again:

2012-08-22 22:31:05.114037 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: Reading http://sbs6.sbs.nl/modules.php?name...gids&zender=1-1&hrselect=all&datum=2012-08-22 POST: - Delay: 500ms
2012-08-22 22:31:07.914197 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: No Listings Found
That url doesn't even exist anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom