TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28) (1 Viewer)

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
October 21, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
TouchControl -
Touchscreen enhancements for MediaPortal

since a longer period i´m working on enhancements for my TouchScreen using it with MediaPortal.
At the (a little longer...) moment i´m working on a plugin for special TouchScreen functions on MediaPortal.

I call it "TouchControl" and this plugin provides "Tap and Hold" and Touchscreen gestures for MediaPortal.

The TouchControl plugin is a process plugin for MediaPortal 1.0 and higher and it works with every skin.

TouchControl is made for using it with bigger TouchScreens like 12" and more.

Functionalities

• Tap and Hold
    Keep a control (like albums, videos, etc...) pressed to view a context menu for a control.

• Gestures
    individual customizable gestures for home screens (MyHome, BasicHome and Plugins) and all other screens

• Timing
    customizable TapAndHold timings

• Sounds
    individual customizable sounds for every gesture and TapAndHold

• Hide Cursor
    added a option to hide the mouse cursor permanently

Known problems at the moment:
  • DX Logs in MediaPortal logs on opening ContextMenu

Future plans:
  • including a function to scroll thru controls based on the speed of the gesture

History:
0.1.0.0: First BETA Version
0.1.1.0: Update on 2009-10-25
0.2.0.0: Update on 2009-11-29
0.2.1.0: Update on 2010-01-15
0.2.2.0: Update on 2010-01-17
0.2.3.0: Update on 2010-02-20
0.2.4.0: Update on 2010-03-28

Changelog Version 0.2.3.0:
  • NEW: customizable sounds for every action
  • CHANGED: timing slider for tapandhold in configurator
  • CHANGED: now every gesture can be activated/deactivated

Changelog Version 0.2.4.0:
  • NEW: hide mouse cursor option

Installation:
  1. Execute the mpe1 MediaPortal extension installer or copy the dll from rar archive to MP process folder.
  2. Delete all older TouchControl.xml configuration files in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
  3. After installation, it is listed in "Other Plugins" in the MediaPortal configuration.
  4. Start the plugin configurator.
  5. Configure the plugin the way you like it or use the default settings button.
  6. Please make be sure that your touchscreen configuration is set to "click on tap"

Download
TouchControl - Download

The plugin includes debug logging. Debug logging mode musst be configured in MediaPortal configuration.

So, i hope anybody would like do more testing on the new plugin versions and give me feedback of bug´s, ideas and anything....

Thanks and Best Regards
p.h.b.e.

Attachments

• TouchControl 0.2.2.0.mpe1
    30.7 KB
  • TouchControl_0.2.2.0.rar
    30.7 KB
  • TouchControl 0.2.3.0.mpe1
    30.7 KB
  • TouchControl 0.2.3.0.rar
    30.7 KB
  • TouchControl 0.2.4.0.mpe1
    30.7 KB
  • TouchControl 0.2.4.0.rar
    30.7 KB

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Heeey, awesome phbe! Great to hear someone finaly work on a touch screen plugin like this. :)

Im right now in work with a skin called TouchIT to be used mainly by touch screen users and I have found some things not working like I want it to be... But with your plugin maybe some of these "issues" could be fixed!

I will soon test your plugin, and after that I will give you some feedbacks about it.

I have some features I would like to add that I made an own thread for, but you have already read it so maybe some of these features is something you could add to your "todo list" ? :)

If you are looking for other cool ideas, a coverflow function like the Iphone's using would be really cool. Dont know if this is possible though, I guess that is something that would need to be added in the "Filmstrip" control. But an easy "until then" solution, would be to add the gesture "right to left" and "left to right" in filmstrip modes, making it trigger the right and left arrows... :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey p.h.b.e., I agree with PussyWagon, it's great to see a plugin like this! Unfortunately I can't test it at the moment because I'm still waiting for the ASUS Eee Top ET2002T to become available but I'm looking forward to giving it a go...

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi there,

since a longer period i´m working on enhancements for my TouchScreen using it with MediaPortal.
At the (a little longer...) moment i´m working on a plugin for special TouchScreen functions on MediaPortal.

I call it "TouchControl" and this plugin provides "Tap and Hold" and touchScreen gestures for MediaPortal.

The TouchControl plugin is a process plugin for MediaPortal 1.0 and it works with every skin.

Today i finished this plugin in a first "BETA" version and it would be very nice if anybody would like to test this Plugin at his/her own TouchScreen MediaPortal, i made this plugin more for using it with a bigger TouchScreen like 12", than for the small "built-in-case" TouchScreens, but it should do the job.
[..]

So, i hope anybody would like test the plugin and give me feedback of bug´s, ideas and anything....

[..]
Nice work! I've tested your plugin on a 12' touch screen and it works like a charm! Finally a way to acces the context menu! The back and home gestures are also very welcome. I dont use up and down since i only use basichome (the Black Glass skin has 15 buttons on it of which i use 14).
I have one feature request: could increasing/decreasing volume using a mouse gesture be added to the functionality?
I've manually added buttons that do this to the topbar using actions 102 and 103 (see this post), but this would be a much nicer solution!
Maybe make this more generic as part of the configurable mouse gestures. Ideally you want to be able to link a mouse gesture to any action available in mediaportal (like you do when configuring a remote control).

Keep up the good work, as far as i'm concerned this plugin should be a standard feature in MP!

jfcala

Portal Member
February 25, 2008
valencia
Home Country
Spain Spain
thanks so much, i try it in a touch screen 7" it s great. like pussywagon if you could implement the possibility to move left right in filmsrtip and in the sub menu (like xfactor skijn). thankswith this pluggin i think that mp win much useful.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Ok, I also tried this plugin now and its working very well!
Great to have access to the context menu for each file, maybe you could add a configure setting to change the "tap and hold" time?
Move up and left, dont work for me to go home... Dont know why, all other features works just fine..

Again, a feature request to make your own gestures are very welcome. Because if you making it possible to add "left to right", "right to left", "up to down" and "down to up" triggers for arrow cursors, I think I will be able to add the iphone style feature to my Touch Screen skin. And that would be awesome!! =)

Hope to hear from you soon!

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
October 21, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,

sorry, no i´m not gone, but at the moment i have a lot of work in my job and in the last week a was on moving my apartment.
And in the new apartment i have no internet connection at the moment.

I think about the Coverflow too, but may be a"real" cover flow with the cool 3D flip effect is not so easy to do with an plugin.
But Implementing an "left to right", "right to left", "up to down" and "down to up" gesture in the Cover View should be possible.

I see the problem with the "move up and left" gesture too, i have to take a eye on it.

When i have a little bit more time, i will beginn on developing making the gestures for the "cover flow" and in the next step making the gestures configurable.

So i´m sorry and i will keep up my work...

Thanks and Best Regards
p.h.b.e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom