TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28) (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
It works great p.h.b.e!
Would it be possible to have a configuration to set how many Left/Right click the gestures would do? As it is now it takes forever scrolling between albums... :)

About the coverflow feature, MediaPortal do not support that kind of animation and is not possible to achieve.
The only way, would be your plugin to do something that is SIMILAR to the Iphone coverflow feature.
And that would be:
1. Your plugin should calculate where a click is done, and how many pixels from point #1 to where the users release their finger is done, point #2. For example say: 200pixels...
2. Your plugin should also calculate the time between these two points. For example say: 1sec
3. Then your plugin could use this, to calculate how many LEFT/RIGHT clicks it would do...

I think this would be the only way to achieve it. Do you think you are able to do something similar to this?

Thanks for your work on this plugin!! :)

Regards

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I finally tried your plugin with MP 1.0.2 and my eeeTop.... what should I say.... it really works like a charm!!

Thank you very much for your plugin, that finally enables me to use my eeetop without a keyboard.

however, I would also like to see a "back/esc" gesture.

Again, thanks thanks thanks....!

cheers
    joystick

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joystick,

nice to hear that, thank you very much!!

A new plugin Version is online, now you can configure the gesture actions the way you like it.

In the next step i will include the great "scrolling" idear from PussyWagon to "do something that is SIMILAR to the Iphone coverflow feature".

Best regards

p.h.b.e.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey guys,

unfortunately my Touch hasn't arrived yet and it seems to take some days more...

but I had an idea while reading PussyWagon's reply... how about counting the pixels of the move? kind of 10 pixels = 1 click? don't know how your plugin is recognizing the fingers and use them as action, but PussyWagon's idea sounds a bit hard to implement

derHons

December 8, 2009
    Hi folks !

my first post and my first day with mediaportal :)

your Plugin works great on my 19" Touch.
    Great work an thank you for that :D

I test it out in the next days

cya

Manureva

December 16, 2009
    Thank you !!! Without you, i was never able to play with MediaPortal on my eeetop... In fact, your plugin is absolutly essential with a touchscreen i think..

Thanks again !

:D

elmaco

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [Plugin] TouchControl 0.2.0.0 (update 29-11-2009)

Hello.
    Thanks for all the work and time you devote to developing great plug-ins.
    There is a problem when I use my monitor (Philips Desxcape 150DM) after I installed Touchcontrol0.2.0.0.
    When entering My music, my movies, my pictures so it's like F9 is pressed Rapidly (the menu is flashing) and it doesn't stop even if the USB cable to the screen is pluged out. Its gone after restart of the MP, but apear again. It doesent help to disable plugin in the MPConfig, it has to be removed from plugins / system. Any Ides?

Thanks and best regards/
    Elmaco

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: [Plugin] TouchControl 0.2.0.0 (update 29-11-2009)

Hi elmaco,

i never see this problem with my touchscreen, it looks like the plugin loops in an "right click on hold".
    In the last weeks i have been working on a new version and i will upload it in a few minutes.
    I have fixed a lot of small bugs, rewritten a part of the code and reworked the configurator.
    The plugin comes now as mpe extension installer. Maybe you can test this new version and please tell me if the problem is gone.

Thanks a lot and best regards
    p.h.b.e.

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: [Plugin] TouchControl 0.2.1.0 (update 2010-01-15)

Hi noxx2,

sorry but no, TouchControl can only be used with touchscreens, it has no other functionality.

But for else, you can use it with smaller touchscreens to.

The functionality of TouchControl are completly different than "Touchscreen LCD display Plugin".

TouchControl is made for controling MediaPortal directly with your touchscreen - however the "Touchscreen LCD display Plugin" is made more for "mirroring" MediaPortal to e.g. case-build-in touchscreen and control it "remote".

Best regards
    p.h.b.e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom