TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28) (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey p.h.b.e.,

nice plugin. My Touchscreen hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as possible, I'm gonna test your plugin.

How about inverting the "up and down" gestures? Like on the iPhone or Android mobiles. Moving "up to down" means scrolling up and "down to up" means scrolling down. Could be more intuitive.

RandyAndy

Portal Member
    May 12, 2009
    Touchscreen not working at all

Hi,

I am using Mediaportal 1.1 and the latest SVN. I installed the plugin and it does not appear on my screen. The caasing is Thermaltake DH102 (with integrated tochsceen display) and imon software to enable the touchscrenn functionality.
    What I am doing wrong ?

RandyAndy:(

mikosch

November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Touchscreen and full hd lcd?

Hi all,

I just plan to build up my first htpc and I`m not to sure if a htpc case with a build-in 4.3" touchscreen is useable together with a full-hd lcd.

As far as I know the output of the graphic card it "just" cloned and the touchscreen is not able to have a hd resolution. Is there the possiblity to run different resolutions of media portal in the touchscreen and the lcd?

The idea behind is that I don`t want to switch on the LCD if I just want to choose some MP3.

Any hint is welcome

Regards,
    Mikosch

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RandyAndy,

what do you mean with "I installed the plugin and it does not appear on my screen", TouchControl is no window plugin, its only a process plugin.

Only copy it to plugins|process and activate it in mediaportal configuration.

The functionalitys of TouchControl are gestures and "tap and hold" like on a touchscreen phone.

Best regards

p.h.b.e.

Hi mikosch,

my experience with my touchscreens is, that cloning is not very nice, if you don´t have the same resolution on both screens.

I always use two seperate machines for the my touch screen and the TV or changing between the two screens with a small exe and a plugin.

Maybe you can take a look on: Touchscreen LCD display Plugin - MediaPortal Forum
    this is a plugin for controling mediaportal with an build in touch screen.

Best regards

p.h.b.e.

RandyAndy

Portal Member
    May 12, 2009
    Hi p.h.b.e,

thanks a lot for your fast reply. This is exactly what I did. I copied the plugin into the process folder and checked if it is enabled in configuration programm of Mediaportal. After starting Mediaportal nothing appears on my touchscreen. The touchsreen has a max resolution of 1024 x 768. I tried if with max resolution and with 800 x 600.
    Probably one more issue. When I want to close Mediaportal with the mouse by clicking onto the X in the menue screen of mediaportal, I hear a beeb, but mediaportal will be not closed. After removing the plugin everything works fine again.

RandyAndy

jfcala

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    valencia
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi RandyAndy,
    this plugin is made for touchscreen, you can´t see it just touch it like "ipod interface",like says p.h.b.e. for example if you are in my music with your songs in a list put your finger on the screen and moove to down, this action change page (if in the list you have some page) or moove /your finger always on screen) left to right and you go to Previous page.
    Best regards

RandyAndy

Portal Member
    May 12, 2009
    Hi jfcala,

thanks for your reply. In this case the plugin is more usable if the main screen is a touchscreen. For this application the plugin is of couse great.
    I am looking for an application that controls mediaportal (on the main screen e.g. TV) via the touchscreen of my casing.

RandyAndy

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    Hi jfcala,

thanks for your reply. In this case the plugin is more usable if the main screen is a touchscreen. For this application the plugin is of couse great.
    I am looking for an application that controls mediaportal (on the main screen e.g. TV) via the touchscreen of my casing.

RandyAndy

This Plugin is mainly developed for us using the TouchScreen as MAIN screen and then switching between TouchScreen and TV/Projection screen.

If you want your TouchScreen to be used as a "remote" for the tv/projector and navigate through music and such. Please look into Touch Screen LCD plugin:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/external-display-115/touchscreen-lcd-display-plugin-32380/

But this is highly limited in functions,features and GUI apperiance. Also with high CPU usage in clone mode and such. But I think its worth a look...

P.H.B.E: Is there any progress in the left to right gestures configurations? :)

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009
    Hi jfcala,

RandyAndy

Hi,

I'm searching for such a solution, too. The "Touchscreen LCD display Plugin" mentioned above works fine for me (7" TFT as second monitor). I must say, till now I have only tried to use the information screen (not the touch function) as I have a MCE remote. The intention is to have a small display with which you can control Mediaportal. I don't want to start the big 42" LCD for every music track change. Even if the "Touchscreen LCD display Plugin" works fine, it takes 60-70% CPU utilization on a idle mediaportal home screen (AMD 4650e) :eek: With the plugin disabled, it takes about 10%. I'm not sure if I want to have a minimum of 60% CPU utilization every time I use Mediaportal (I use it very often :D) Really great plugin, but the CPU utilization is a cruel.

What do you think, is it a bug or a unavoidable result of such a plugin? Unfortunately the plugin is no longer in development. Is there any alternative, that can view a 2 lines info on a second screen like the minidisplay does on a VFD? In general, is it a heavy project to put 2 info lines on a second (small) monitor? Is it difficult to access and control a second display with a MP plugin? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with coding, so please don't blame me for silly questions ;)

Cheers
    Neelex

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi PussyWagon,

a new Plugin Version 0.1.1 is online, now the "LeftToRight" and "RightToLeft" gestures are included (on all screens for now).

The "GoBack" gesture is now UpThanLeft and the "GoHome" gesture is gone, do we need it?

Most of the gestures are changed for making it more bio-touch-friendly. like UpToDown now scrolls up, not down and RightToLeft scrolls right not left.

Do you made any progress for coverflow in your skin?

Thanks and best regards

p.h.b.e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom