touchscreen friendly / more file browsing options (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

- touchscreen-friendly navigation (scrolling the main menu)

- Add folders/select multiple files in the file browser and add/play them
all by the media player (the same for browsing pictures-> slideshow)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the first one: this is allready working right?

2nd: so you mean a playlist for pictures? for video this allready works (Y = add to playlist) can be done on folders and files

A

Anonymous

hello,

i'm getting my touchscreen these days and will try to find out which features would be usefull.

A

Anonymous

For using MediaPortal with the touchpad i'd really like to

->select folders & files without directly opening them; example: my music, my pictures, etc. This could be implemented as an 'general navigation option: open files/directories automatically yes/no or better: first click selects, 2nd click opens)

-> access more functions through clickable-buttons; example: Play all files within selected directory at 'my music'.

-> scrolling the main menu - well i cannot scroll by using the touchpad. How about optional setting for this: 'scroll main menu/main menu list view only with sidebar' ?

Generally, I'd like to have full access to all MediaPortal features simply by clicking buttons/option menus. This seems also to be a plugin feature request.

BTW: Most of the requests above apply also to the usage of a remote control - it would be much more flexible then.

Thank you !

Chris

A

Anonymous

I'm hoping for this too. Media Portal is by far the best media center I have seen so far. Great job by the developers. All that I think is really missing is to have it work purely by the remote/touchscreen.
    I think the key is for the developers to keep in mind, that it is possible to run the program without a keyboard. If it can all be done with a remote control and/or mouse, that does it for everyone using a remote, mouse only or touchscreen.

A

Anonymous

Hi dev-Team,

can anyone tell if there is a chance to have better touchscreen/remotes navigation- and -handling support in future ?

Thanks
    Chris

A

Anonymous

techsc said:
    Hi dev-Team,

can anyone tell if there is a chance to have better touchscreen/remotes navigation- and -handling support in future ?

Thanks
    Chris

I am sure they will implement that further down the road. First they are probably putting the focus of getting the core parts of MP stable and working the way they want. After that...

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I believe that we need a seperate skin for touchscreens
    since everything must be done onscreen

Lets hope someone will start making one

Frodo

A

Anonymous

Well, hopefully i will have some time in two months so i can contribute a little work for the best HTPC-App :)

Chris

A

Anonymous

Do you think this can be accomplished with just a skin? I will gladly put in the effort if that's true, but I still haven't really figured out the way plugins/skins interact.
    I know creating documentation will take a long time, but can somebody who knows how to create a plugin create a very basic one, that does nothing but perhaps set the value of a label, when a button is pressed? This would allow everyone to see how a skin is setup and how a plugin is created.
    Any plugin developers got a few minutes to spare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom