Trailer and MovingPictures (1 Viewer)

kalif

Portal Member
March 11, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi All.

Congratulations for this really nice plugin.
This is, for me, one of the most important plugin on mediaportal

:D

I've got one request, maybe it's on the changelog or planned to be done ; i don't know.

It would be very nice to have an option to see directly the trailer of the selected movie.
This option could just try to display the trailer from online website like youtube with "predefined keyword"
like for english "%moviename% trailer"
or for french "%moviename% bande annonce"

Sometimes you've got some movies and just read the description of the movie is not enough and in this case you have to use your own pc to go on internet and find the trailer.

Imagine that you can do this directly with MediaPortal and your remote

Does someone knows if it's planned / possible ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you have onlinevidoes installed it is possible just to go to hidden menu and choose trailer and it will find trailers :)

It is not even hidden anymore if you are running MediaPortal v1.2beta, the compatible version of MovingPictures has a 'Trailer' button on the movie details page right next to the play button, that will launch OnlineVideos plugin with the search request for the movie.

You do need to have the "IMDb Movie Trailer" entry enabled in OnlineVideos for this to work, so verify that this is added and enabled. Otherwise use the button inside OnlineVideos config to add it from global and select it from the list.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please note that because IMDb changed a few things on their site as of last night the trailer search was broken. Work is being done to correct this and as soon as it is working again updates should be pushed to your system and it should function correctly again.

Silk73

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Excuse me, how to configure, moving picture or online videos, for view trailer in italian.

Tankyou.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You do need to have the "IMDb Movie Trailer" entry enabled in OnlineVideos for this to work, so verify that this is added and enabled. Otherwise use the button inside OnlineVideos config to add it from global and select it from the list.

Regarding the language, you can try setting the language field for the IMDB site in OnlineVideos configuration. Im not 100% if this works or if there is an Italian trailers on IMDB.

The IMDB site is used from OnlineVideos as it gets very accurate results because we can lookup from the already available IMDB id in your local movie database. If this is not available then it falls back to search by Movie title.

Attachments

• imdbSiteLanguages.jpg
      imdbSiteLanguages.jpg
      75 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Trailer and MovingPictures

Let me stop you right here ;) This field is only informational to tell what language the site is in. It is not used by the Site itself.
    There is IMDB.it, but I didnt see any trailers there. Maybe someone needs to create an italian trailer site in Onlinevideos.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    It's great to have the possibility to view a trailer for online video.

But if i have a "moviename-trailer.mkv" in my movie folder for each movie, is there a way to play this trailer instead of playing online?
    I think that it will be cool, to search for the word "trailer" fo each movie folder and if found MP plays the trailer, if not it will find in Online videos.

Is this possible?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's great to have the possibility to view a trailer for online video.

But if i have a "moviename-trailer.mkv" in my movie folder for each movie, is there a way to play this trailer instead of playing online?
    I think that it will be cool, to search for the word "trailer" fo each movie folder and if found MP plays the trailer, if not it will find in Online videos.

Is this possible?

Of course this is possible but you are oversimplifying things a bit. At a minimum we would need to also add a new movie level database field, a few settings, ideally some sort of way to let the user manually select a file, and db settings along with a UI for turning the trailer preroll on and off. Not to mention changes to playback and import logic. And then there will be inevitable follow up requests for trailer scraper script support...

As I mentioned in another thread, local trailer support is something we want to do, but everything has to be prioritized. And with the Online Videos functionality working as well as it does, local trailer support is less of a priority at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom