Trailer Support? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    on the main moving pics screen you select a category, you select trailers category then scroll through your trailers.

RetroZA

Portal Member
    July 1, 2008
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    on the main moving pics screen you select a category, you select trailers category then scroll through your trailers.

I can't see why it's so difficult adding trailers support per movie? Even XBMC can do it. And MediaPortal is a lot better than XBMC. ;)

It's just not the same having to scroll through all your trailers, and then having to go back to your movie list. The whole idea is that you should be able to scroll through your movies, then if there's something you want to watch, that you can watch the trailer first.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm curious, why you need to watch trailer for something that you have in your collection as you already know what it is??

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm curious, why you need to watch trailer for something that you have in your collection as you already know what it is??

It's very difficult to remember what every single movie is about. If you have 500+ or even 1000+ movies.!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can't see why it's so difficult adding trailers support per movie? Even XBMC can do it. And MediaPortal is a lot better than XBMC. ;)
    If it's so easy then why don't you implement it? :D

Sarcasm aside, it's not that it is difficult, it's that it takes time. And with the way we want to implement trailer support, a few other things have to be reorganized in the code before we can get to it.

And please keep in mind that Moving Pictures is something the other developers and I work on in our spare time. We sacrifice our nights and weekends for Moving Pictures development. So put simply, we have not gotten to trailer support yet because I was celebrating my Dad's birthday last weekend, my cousin was in town a month ago, etc etc. Real life is all.

russ9898

Portal Member
    May 25, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Sarcasm aside, it's not that it is difficult, it's that it takes time. And with the way we want to implement trailer support, a few other things have to be reorganized in the code before we can get to it.

And please keep in mind that Moving Pictures is something the other developers and I work on in our spare time. We sacrifice our nights and weekends for Moving Pictures development. So put simply, we have not gotten to trailer support yet because I was celebrating my Dad's birthday last weekend, my cousin was in town a month ago, etc etc. Real life is all.

Trailer support will be a nice feature once its availble. In the mean time i appreciate the work you've done with moving pictures. Theres no way 5 years or so ago i would have invisaged having such a feature packed app....for free! I know alot is made possible by MediaPortal but Mediaportal would be nothing without people like the developers of Moving Pictures who help to make it so versatile and customisable.

RetroZA

Portal Member
    July 1, 2008
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

I knew once I posted that I'll get a response like this. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining. I think MediaPortal is absolutely fantastic! Nothing else comes close to it. I just think the way trailers have been handled in the past is wrong (IMO).

The MyTrailers plugin streams trailers from websites, but not all of us have broadband internet. As far as I know you can play downloaded trailers through OnlineVideos? But apart from that, it's still separate from the movies. If you want to see what a movie is about, you don't want to go out of your movie selection, then into the trailer section, and then look for the specific movie you're interested in? And then if you're not interested in that one, go out of the trailers section again, back into movies, look for another movie... etc etc etc. You get what I'm saying?

If you had the movie trailer as part of the movie selection, you can quickly have a look at the trailer and decide if you want to watch it.

Just a thought... :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ... i mach prefer streaming ,like my trailers ,usly when i have a free time layt at night i prefer to wach new trailers a few at a time ,
    to see wich new movies i will wont to see .... + save room in hard disc
    ( i have abut 1,000 movie +800 tv episode+many home videos+abut 100 music live concerete+ abut 60 gb of music album....)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Trailer Support?

Hi Fforde

I love your plugin and you did a greate job. I understand that you program the plugin in your spare time and barely have time for it.
    But could you lower the trailer support to Milestone 1.1.0.
    It is the most highly valued known function (and oldest) that we await.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom