Trailer support (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
How is trailer support coming? It's been a highly wanted 'issue' on the tracker for about 2.5 years now. With modern-day solutions like Couchpotato, which automatically downloads trailers for movies you import, it could be as easy as detecting whether there is a file with the words 'trailer' in the folder to display a TRAILER button. Beside the SUBTITLES button, for example.

I think a temporary, small solution like this should keep a lot of people satisfied until when the time finally comes we can download trailers from within MovPic in MePo. I can image this is a pretty important feature that is making people choose for XBMC, since they do feature such an option.

I can't image it being so hard to implement something to make it detect such a file and placing a button in the movie overview?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can't image it being so hard to implement something to make it detect such a file and placing a button in the movie overview?

MovingPictures source code = moving-pictures - Revision 1234: /trunk (or use moving-pictures - Revision 1234: /branches/1.1)

Download Visual C# 2010 Express = http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/Download-2010.aspx

C# Tutorial = C# Tutorial For Beginners | C# Help

Submit your source code patch = Issues - moving-pictures - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just fyi with the newest versions of mediaportal/onlinevideos and the right skin (e.g. streamedmp/mustayaluca) trailer support is already possible. BUT it's only to search for a trailer online, not to play a local file.

The problem is that while you want only to play local files, others want online lookup for the selected movie, others want random trailers before the movie starts, etc.

But yeah trailer support would be nice... ;)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Trailer support

Trailer support with local files would be really nice! I'm waiting patiently! =)

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just fyi with the newest versions of mediaportal/onlinevideos and the right skin (e.g. streamedmp/mustayaluca) trailer support is already possible. BUT it's only to search for a trailer online, not to play a local file.

I'm running MeP0 1.2, StreamedMP 1.4.12.2620, OnlineVideos 0.28 and Moving Pictures 1.1.2.1219

I seem to remember seeing a screenshot (teaser) not that long ago showing a trailer button next to the play button in StreamedMP/Moving Pictures. I assume(?) this is what you're referring to but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work. Any pointers?? I'd really like to experiment with this feature!!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You need MediaPortal 1.2 Beta which is not release to Public yet.

Let me just say with the Inclusion of IMDb Trailers in OnlineVideos now (thank to armandp) Trailer lookup is working very nicely!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome! I'm very excited to hear that!! Now I really can't wait... LOL

(I know, I know...stop being lazy and compile from SVN)

Thanks for the reply =)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Notwithstanding the subtle point about "if you want a feature, write the code yourself" (which I can't), I just wanted to say that the ideal situation for me and trailers is this:

- being able to watch a local or web trailer from within MovingPictures. Allow you to preview the movie (even though of course you've already seen it 99.999% of the time, but it'd be nice for others). Ideally look for a local trailer on your disk and if not there, look online

now for the sexy bit:

- from within a Trailers plugin, as you browse through the latest trailers, being able to click a button to uh, queue that movie in some sort of list. Then have another process go through the list, (like CouchPotato) and look for available dvd-rips etc. occasionally. Then your utorrent would automatically grab it, another process would clean up and move the movie upon completion, and of course MovingPictures would eventually see it added.

The result is that you browse trailers every once in a while, and every other once in a while new movies magically appear in your collection. The workflow would be transparent and automated behind the scenes.

Just some inspirational thought!
    p.s. I'll pay someone to do the coding

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom