Trailers (doubling up the movies in collection) (1 Viewer)

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi there!

I have installed this extension to my mediaportal. And installed the new imdb+ scraper with alot of nice options. But now it seems its doubling my movies. So eks Thor has a trailer in the same folder as the real movie, this will cause my plugin to think it is 2 of the same movie. one with 0 in duration, and another with almost 2 hours in duration.

Is there any way to make this plugin to "not see" files with under 5min in duration?

Thank you! :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi there!

I have installed this extension to my mediaportal. And installed the new imdb+ scraper with alot of nice options. But now it seems its doubling my movies. So eks Thor has a trailer in the same folder as the real movie, this will cause my plugin to think it is 2 of the same movie. one with 0 in duration, and another with almost 2 hours in duration.

Is there any way to make this plugin to "not see" files with under 5min in duration?

Thank you! :)

There is no official local-trailer support yet. So yes, it will detect it as another movie. You could however use the multi-part system, where the trailer becomes "Thor (tt0800369) CD1.avi" and the movie "Thor (tt0800369) CD2.avi", and they will be added as a single movie, which when played will start trailer first and if you skip to 'next', it will start the movie (or enjoy trailer first).

Either that, or await future local trailer support.

And you can also enjoy the online trailer system via OnlineVideos.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There isn't support for filtering out by duration...but there is for file size. Take a look in the AdvancedSettings and look for Max Filesize (MB) option. Hopefully that will work for you.

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you for the replies.

But it didnt seem to fix the issue. I found the Sample filter in Advanced Settings. I even updated the filesize from 150mb to 550mb. The Expression filter has the name Sample. And the file that shows the sample, is named Sample... I dont understand why this dosnt work now. Should I do a full rescan of my library? How do i do a full rescan? :)

And if i do a full rescan, will it use the IMDBplus scraper that i installed from RoChess? Just by leaving it to choose automatic data source in the importer settings?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Distun, I think if you change the setting it wont update your existing collection...it will only apply to new movies added. Can you confirm that?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    well, i have an option when selecting the movie, click once, and then press left on control, then i can choose trailers....

Using the OnlineVideos trailer system would not add your movies twice. So something else is going on then for your original double importing.

Open MovingPictures config, switch to the "Movie Manager" tab, click on one of the movies with two entries, and drop the options down from "Movie Details" to "File Info", so that you can see which file exactly was used to add that entry. Then click on the other movie in the list to see which one was used to import that one with.

Do you see anything obvious then? A sample file, subtitle recognized as movie, multi-part file not detected as being multi-part, etc? Write down the full path+filename otherwise for your reply.

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Distun, I think if you change the setting it wont update your existing collection...it will only apply to new movies added. Can you confirm that?
    - I confirm that, after i changed the setting it dosnt seem to add the sample as another movie anymore.

well, i have an option when selecting the movie, click once, and then press left on control, then i can choose trailers....

Using the OnlineVideos trailer system would not add your movies twice. So something else is going on then for your original double importing.

Open MovingPictures config, switch to the "Movie Manager" tab, click on one of the movies with two entries, and drop the options down from "Movie Details" to "File Info", so that you can see which file exactly was used to add that entry. Then click on the other movie in the list to see which one was used to import that one with.

Do you see anything obvious then? A sample file, subtitle recognized as movie, multi-part file not detected as being multi-part, etc? Write down the full path+filename otherwise for your reply.
    - I cant find any doubled movies atm. I took a full HD scan for Sample. And deleted all the files with that word in it :D

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom